-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
“But…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
And yes, @Kina-Lamb, this—
I think sometimes when I think “introvert,” I think of people that don’t talk except inside their heads and to themselves, and blush whenever you look at them or talk to them because they’re so nervous. But that isn’t the case usually. Am I right introverts?
is correctly supposed to be erroneous. *grins* Introvert…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 yes ma’am. You do. *thumbs up* Good work.
The human intuition is a marvelous thing. 😉 A lot of the learning associated with writing, in my experience, is just learning the names of things your intuition already understands.
I know EXACTLY what you mean with the utensil metaphor— great way to describe it! lolAs for…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 well, I’m off! See you later
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Signing off as well. I wrote 1767.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Signing off. I got 752 written, and I like it, which is most important.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper if you’re in this much of a quandary, experiment. I’ve only ever done third person and I love it and I don’t think that’ll change, but if you feel like you need to switch, try it for a chapter or two. See if you like it. If it isn’t quality, you’ll only have spent a little time to solve a quandary that could have sabotaged your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper if you’re in this much of a quandary, experiment. I’ve only ever done third person and I love it and I don’t think that’ll change, but if you feel like you need to switch, try it for a chapter or two. See if you like it. If it isn’t quality, you’ll only have spent a little time to solve a quandary that could have sabotaged your…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal posted an update 9 years, 5 months ago
It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish. —Samwise Gamgee
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favoritism in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@ethryndal @daeus @kate-flournoy @anyone else who’s done the whole rewriting thing.
So…I’m having a hard time deciding this. Writing in third person is really tough for me, and this favoritism thing might be a bit easier if I were actually writing from the POV of the introverts head. As I’m writing, I don’t like any of it. But I go onward.…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_writer_girl_99 In general? Pretty good. After all, I managed to conquer my procrastination and show up here. 😀 The writing’s going well too. Just about done with my book.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus Howdy, and welcome officially, @that_writer_girl_99
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper @graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 I’m joining in.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Well, when there’s only one Dragon Snapper, you sometimes wonder what else there is to be afraid of. 😛
@graciegirl Yes, it’s just me. I won’t melt you. 😉 -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 *flies in* Everyone, look out, it’s a dragon!
…
*glaces around for the dragon*
Oh wait, it’s just me. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@hope Here is Sean…or was it Levi? Either way, not sure if it’s a likeness, but here he is anyway. 😛

-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 *hugs* School is awful this time of year, but you can do it!
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @jess @winter-rose @dragon-snapper @daeus I’ll be on and off for about, oh, 3 hours or so. Fellow writers welcome.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 *cheeky grin* Or a writer’s best friend. I guess it just depends on your perspective. 😉
Did you? I’m not seeing it…
-
Gracie replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Take whatever time you need. 😀
Thanks for compiling this list, @dragon-snapper! - Load More
