-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @winter-rose @daeus graciegirl I’m going to be writing for maybe an hour.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Testimonial needed in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
-
Daeus started the topic Testimonial needed in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Hi everyone,
Josiah’s putting together a brochure for KP that we’ll be taking to a conference this year. In there, he’d like to have a testimonial about how the forum has been a blessing to one of you. I think we only need one testimonial, but any of you who would like to share your enthusiasm for this place, go ahead and do so. 🙂 Length should…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic God in Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 5 months ago
@princessfoo And now for the long delayed response. So sorry. I just completely kept putting this off. Not anymore!
As for your character, here are just a couple pointers. Often I’ve seen that characters who are quieter and have a lot of problems tend to be weak and not very attractive. This totally does not need to be the case, but it can be if…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @winter-rose *goes to charge then does random u turn* Change of plans…though I will probably write later on.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose I’ll join you!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@aysia-serene Thank you! I was actually going to ask if anyone had more characters!
@i-j-anderson @christi-eaton @anne-swiftblade I think you three share this character, the Polecat.

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 my pleasure. And really, it’s good for me as well. It helps me solidify and become more skillful with the things I’ve learned if I try to teach them. 😉
Okay… signing out now… have a lovely evening. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 ha! See? You don’t even need me! 😀 You’re doing great by yourself. *grins* Really and truly you are.
I need to sign out now, so we’ll tackle the midpoint tomorrow, okay?
(By the way. I think I’m officially in love with Blake. He sounds like an amazing character). -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 😛
I think that I’m actually going to sign off now. I can’t write very much with the knowledge that my sibling is watching Star Wars. 😛 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 that is great and that is awesome and I could not approve more. *hugs you*
The question you wanna ask yourself though is how you’re going to make this tie into the FPP. First, if you’re going to use Blake as Kara’s main foil and impact character (a character whose differences push your MC along in their arc) you need to get…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Boredom, oh ye sluggish pile of leaves, the puddle of mud, ye shall not have victory over me for long!
In other words, I’ll join you. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I think they were both made before you were on the forum—on pages 8 and 19. But thank you very much.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 sure! Fire away. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
People, remember Mrs. Keusal—last mentioned on page 19. Well, she’s gone to Heaven.
We can praise God she’s no longer hurting in any way, but her family needs a lot of prayer. Lots of homeschooled kids under age 15, and Mr. Keusal still needing to do work for their income. I think he’s self-employed, but it’s going to be a lot of work for him…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
All right. @That_Writer_Girl_99 one point I need to make here before we approach what a midpoint is. These plot points are in order, yes, but they do not come in quick succession. There is progression between all of them. Progression and growth as the struggles and conflicts bounce off each other in the form of the different characters.
Think…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 🙂
Those are some of my favorite verses for when I’m feeling alone and useless.@Ethryndal Where would we be without moms?
(Yes, nowhere.)Well I like being kindred spirits. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Oh yes. It’s the question you asked yourself about intelligence vs. ignorance to narrow down the field— in essence, is intelligence better than ignorance? And if so, why?
We had several answers, only one of them correct. Giving all the characters different and conflicting EiLs on this subject and showing how they all turn out is how you make the…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Another thing is to always study. Everywhere you go, everyone you see. Just study it. What shape is that person’s eyes? How far away from the nose is the mouth? Most sidewalks are cracked. A lot of trees have oddly shaped branches. How tall compared to a human is a park bench? People’s elbows are places right where their waist…[Read more]
- Load More
