-
Ethryndal posted an update 9 years, 5 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy Hey, it’s us! 😀
Yes, we finally watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Words fail me. That was…the weirdest…and the most hilarious thing I think I’ve ever seen.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus @kate-flournoy @graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 @jess @winter-rose @ethryndal @northerner
I’ll be writing. -
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@adry_grace Really? I’ve done it so many times, it’s almost annoying. *sighs* If only my book were a movie… 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@adry-grace Really? I’ve done it so many times, it’s almost annoying. *sighs* If only my book were a movie… 😛
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy Oh no, that’s so sad! I’ll be praying.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Adry-Grace But plot twists are nice…aren’t they?
Or is that my writer coming out? XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper @graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 @jess @winter-rose I’ll be writing for an hour if you want to join.
-
Emma Flournoy and
Joy Schmidt are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 not a problem. 🙂
And… I really couldn’t tell you. It depends entirely on how long you want your story to be and how long it takes for you to properly cover all the different twists and various aspects of the plot. Intuition is my surest guide here, speaking personally— so long as the midpoint generally falls in the…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you you’re trying to think of a movie to watch, and you remember a really cool scene that seems just like what you are in the mood for. But you can’t put you’re finger on the title. “What movie was that from again?” You consult a family member, and then you remember just then, that it’s merely a figment of your…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@sleepwalkingMK Ooh, I’d like to try Joshua.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Okay Elizabeth, here I am again. 😀
The next plot point is the Midpoint. This is where Kara transitions from reacting to the events of the story to actively pushing the story herself. Which means she needs to settle on what basic EiL she’s going to side with and start fighting for. She’s not going to think it out in so many words (‘I believe…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper Great job! See ya!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl I’ve got to go now, but I wrote 1351 words. Good luck!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Testimonial needed in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus YES! A chance to rant! *rubs hands* Where to begin…?
The forum specifically has been a place of great comfort to me as it’s full of people who think the same way I do and speak the same mental language. Just knowing there are other people like me out there is so meaningful, even setting aside the help we’re able to give each other by…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I need help. Period. in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Hey @Joy-Schmidt!! I remember when you were on here. You didn’t stick around long enough. Welcome back, and congratulations on starting to write again. 😀
Erm…yes, if I think of any brilliant ideas I’ll pop back in, but it looks like @Winter-Rose has some great ones already, and @Northerner with her advice. But welcome back. 🙂
And it’s…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I need help. Period. in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Hey @Joy-Schimdt!! I remember when you were on here. You didn’t stick around long enough. Welcome back, and congratulations on starting to write again. 😀
Erm…yes, if I think of any brilliant ideas I’ll pop back in, but it looks like @Winter-Rose has some great ones already, and @Northerner with her advice. But welcome back. 🙂
And it’s…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl Aha! A partner! Perhaps now I can concentrate. 😛
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m here if you’re still on! 😀
-
Gracie replied to the topic Testimonial needed in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I would love to share my enthusiasm for KP. This place means so much to me even though I’ve only been here a few months. That being said, I doubt anything I have to say would be eligible for the brochure. So, just a fair warning. You can probably expect me to say one or two things here later, but I wouldn’t expect anything you can use.…[Read more]
- Load More

WONDERFUL! It’s so hilariously insane, I know. 😀 The square-dancing/barn-raising scene nearly kills us with laughter every time, and others too (like the ‘sobbin’ women’ sequence’). Isn’t it great though?! Which brother was your favorite?
Huh. Dat’s weird. I got your reply by email, but it’s not here. Huh.
Anyway. Gideon’s my favorite too! I love his and Adam’s relationship especially. 😀
And I know, it’s such a catchy line. You can’t help it. I say it all the time too. (And William can imitate the shopkeeper’s voice wonderfully, when she says “My window!” with such…[Read more]
@Emma-Flournoy Yeah, it kept saying weird things like “Error! Your message could not be posted”. *shrug*
Emma, our families were meant to be. Political correctness is one of the number one things we get a kick out of. Diabolically amusing is the perfect way to sum it up. I went and told my family about ‘people of larger than average girth…[Read more]
*huge grin* It’s one of my favorites. Yup, howling over politically correct statements is one of our biggest funs.