-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 ehhhh… there is no hard and fast rule. The nearest thing I can give you to a rule is this tip: don’t repeat impressions you’ve already made. (Something else I had to learn the hard way. ;P)
For example, don’t mention in one place that someone is confused, then mention it again later. Writing is all about change. If it hasn’t…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 ehhhh… there is no hard and fast rule. The nearest thing I can give you to a rule is this tip: don’t repeat impressions you’ve already made. (Something else I had to learn the hard way. ;P)
For example, don’t mention in one place that someone is confused, then mention it again later. Writing is all about change. If it hasn’t…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Jenali Yeah, it’s actually been a while since I’ve seen them too, (Vid-Angel, where have you gone?) but that was the one thing that always stood out to me. And YES to the Dark World. When he and Thor where on that ship thingy, and he kept making cracks… “Good job, Thor, you just decapitated your great-grandfather…” My mother and I quote that…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Jenali Fangirl flailing NOT over. *flails* Yes, the SARCASM! And he’s so charmingly…evil. It’s weird. And funny, because he, the villain, was pretty much the ONLY well developed character in the first Thor. 😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Jenali YES! Someone who shares my Loki appreciation! @Graciegirl Loki is definitely my favorite villain. I like villains who are kind of relatable, not just world power hungry freaks. The thing about Loki that is so intriguing is that in many ways, he’s more rootworthy than Thor. I wanted Loki to succeed more than Thor because of the ways he’d…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Screenplays, poetry, and explosions in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @ethryndal @f5a8c3e92 Yikes! I forgot to leave the link. Here you go:
-
Snapper replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl I have read the other books, but the first one definitely has the best story line. However, I think my favorite is the second one, just because of the pirates. 😛 And I didn’t like the third as much…the ending, *sighs* I liked Mott; besides Sage, he was my favorite character.
Oh yes. Never met anyone quite as snarky as him. 😛 -
Gracie replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper My deepest apologies! Must’ve slipped my mind. 😛 I read the Ascendance Trilogy about a year ago. It was a lot of fun! (Though the False Prince is definitely the best book of the three in my opinion.) Have you read the rest of the series? I don’t want to give spoilers just in case you haven’t, but I thought the ending was very…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus No need. 😉 Ben is awesome, we’ll leave it at that.
I haven’t gotten far enough into The Count of Monte Cristo to meet Luigi Vampa. (We just save M. Morrel from bankruptcy where I am.)
Ah, yes. Dreamlander. She mentioned that book a lot in her Helping Writers Become Authors trilogy which I just finished. The premise sounded interesting.…[Read more] -
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Jane-Maree @That_Writer_Girl_99 I’m gonna take off. My brains are slowly turning to mush. XD Till we meet again!
-
Daeus replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl Need I say who my favorite villain is?
I also like Luigi Vampa. His backstory is gripping and tragic, though he’s not technically a villain.
Er…Ooh! I can’t remember the guy’s name, but the villain in K.M.Wieland’s Dreamlander is really good. He’s an excellent foil character to the MC plus a very interesting character for his own…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl Wait….you’ve read the False Prince? Why didn’t you tell me!?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@perfectfifths Well, if it’s any consolation, I didn’t win it when I entered last year either. 😉
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus Chao!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 @jane-maree Alright, I’ve finished up. Did some research and then edited 500 words.
-
Gracie posted an update 9 years, 5 months ago
“Through all this ordeal his root horror had been isolation, and there are no words to express the abyss between isolation and having one ally. It may be conceded to the mathematicians that four is twice two. But two is not twice one; two is two thousand times one.” – The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare by G. K. Chesterson
-
Gracie replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Aratrea Awesome! I’ll be on the lookout for it. 🙂
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Jane-Maree Oooh, pizza. Don’t mind if I do. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl Great.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I have some daydreaming and plotting to do. Its all about villains tonight. Mwa-ha-ha!
- Load More
