-
Gracie replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Ethryndal Cool! I think that is the direction Z is headed. Plus, I love plot twists myself, so I really want to give readers a bit of a thrill in some way!
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Graciegirl *cackles until something gets stuck in her throat* Ahem. Yes. They’re fun. I love being shocked out of my seat. But I absolutely hate it when authors make you love a character, and THEN he turns out to be the villain, so I think there’s a very tiny (and complicated) space of grey that these types of villains must fit into; they can’t…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@everyone Quick question, what are your feelings on disguised villains? Where you didn’t know they were the villain till, say, the beginning of the Third Act.
Do you like being able to guess his true identity earlier on? Or have it slap you in the face, and when you go back you can see some foreshadowing you may have not noticed the first time through? -
Snapper replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl Another cool villain is Shen from Kung Fu Panda 2.
-
Gracie replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy Ah, Smaug. A shining classic amongst villains! 😀 I especially loved his movie version, almost more than the one in the book, in fact.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a villain named Humperdink, what book is he from?
Yes, Les Mis is on the reading list so I shall meet Javert soon! (Hopefully 😉 ) -
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Not bad. But I don’t think I’m going to be working on Personificaton today. (That’s my WIP) I’m gonna play around with some poetry to give my brain a break from going over the same writing project. XD
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Imma here!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 @winter-rose @graciegirl @dragon-snapper @jess I’m going to be editing for about an hour.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
The villains Kate listed. And everyone else has said it all. 😛
I seriously, seriously, seriously love Javert from Les Miserables, but I’m not sure he qualifies as ‘villain’.
Oh, and Smaug is pretty great too. 😀
Oh, and HUMPERDINK! -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Oh, and @PerfectFifths don’t worry too much about chapter length, ’cause I prefer reading shorter chapters a lot of the time. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@PerfectFifths Aw, too bad. Hopefully the next one.
I’m still weirded out by seeing your name as Louise Fowler. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 yep. You do what you need to. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic It is finished!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus Whoa. That’s fast.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Ethryndal NOOOOOOOOO NOW IT’S GONNA BE STUCK WITH ME!!! *runs out of the room clutching her head and screaming*
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Yep! Tell us how it goes.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy *cue creepy music* “Qu’est-ce qui passe ici si tard…”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic All about villains in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@GracieGirl dah! I missed this and now everyone’s said everything! *heartbroken sobbing*
Well… a few villains to add to the list… (Besides Kylo Ren. Don’t start me. Really).
Chauvelin, from The Scarlet Pimpernel. Totally evil, but somehow very human, and you gotta admire his dedication even if you hate his cause. He keeps trying even though…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Anyone Want to Play Forum Volleyball? in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
The flying ball suddenly pops midair, letting loose an explosion of glitter. It falls to the ground, a silver arrow stuck in it’s limp folds of leather. Ethryndal steps out of the shadows, looking down her long elven nose. “Silly mortals,” she sniffs. “They run around like headless chickens and throw balls and tea at each other.” Glancing…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Anyone Want to Play Forum Volleyball? in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
The flying ball suddenly pops midair, letting loose an explosion of glitter. It falls to the ground, a silver arrow stuck in it’s limp folds of leather. Ethryndal steps out of the shadows, looking down her long elven nose. “Silly mortals,” she sniffs. “They run around like headless chickens and throw balls and tea at each other.” Glancing…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Anyone Want to Play Forum Volleyball? in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
The flying ball suddenly pops midair, letting loose an explosion of glitter. It falls to the ground, a silver arrow stuck in it’s limp folds of leather. Ethryndal steps out of the shadows, looking down her long elven nose. “Silly mortals,” she sniffs. “They run around like headless chickens and throw balls and tea at each other.” Glancing…[Read more]
- Load More
