-
Snapper replied to the topic Shorty Story – Mystery in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 4 months ago
@f5a8c3e92 (sorry, just trying to tag you. 😛 )
Nuts. Did I really type the title as Shorty?
@daeus Are you able to make it ‘Short Story-Mystery’ ? 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Shorty Story – Mystery in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 4 months ago
@f5a8c3e9
-
Snapper replied to the topic Shorty Story – Mystery in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 4 months ago
@f5a8c9e3
-
Snapper started the topic Shorty Story – Mystery in the forum 9 years, 4 months ago
Hi guys! @daeus @kate-flournoy @that_writer_girl_99 @ethryndal @aratrea @rolena-hatfield @f5a8c3e9 @hope @perfectfifths @winter-rose @jess @emma-flournoy @northerner @overcomer @anyone else
So, I working on a short story mystery for a contest due this month, and I was wondering if you all could critique this for me. It’s 970 words or so, and…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic Shorty Story – Mystery in the forum 9 years, 4 months ago
Hi guys! @daeus @kate-flournoy @that_writer_girl_99 @ethryndal @aratrea @rolena-hatfield @f5a8c3e9 @hope @perfectfifths @winter-rose @jess @emma-flournoy @northerner @overcomer @anyone else
So, I working on a short story mystery for a contest due this month, and I was wondering if you all could critique this for me. It’s 970 words or so, and can’t…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Thanks @DelightInLife. 😀 It took me forever to get that actually… :/
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
I didn’t write that, and I don’t think I can right now. I’m not that good.
*wise Yoda look* That— is why you fail.
*goes off into gales of smothered laughter* Okay, okay… so it’s not that drastic. I have a reputation to live up to apparently, though, so… *shrugs*
No, you’ve got enough humility to sink a ship.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus awesome. I got 506 words written. 🙂 See ya.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Signing off. I got a chapter edited. Hope you get your breakthrough.
@kate-flournoy See ya.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Also, see how much I told you by not telling? *grins*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Ahhh… yes. You’re POV telling. That makes it boring and dull; you’re right. See, what you’re doing is giving us Kara’s thoughts instead of showing us her emotions through the way she acts. Instead of doing this:
That was strange. I think to myself as I—finally—enter my cell. I wonder what Matthias was talking about?
I tak… -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Glad to hear it. 😉
Okay. You need help. Just getting to a good place to start? Prioritizing your ideas? What?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Yyyyyes???
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I was helping Josiah with something. Worthy excuse.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @kate-flournoy Ok, I’m back!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy *Looks up* *sees you’ve already taken your seat* *shakes head* Nobody ever asks my advice.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 heh. Yes indeed. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus @That_Writer_Girl_99 can I join you for a bit? I got permission to do some writing in the daytime and so I’m going to be working on my climax until around four. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 here… have a snippet to give you a few ideas.
That was it. They could do whatever they liked about him. But they were not going to touch Denholm. A murderous spark ignited at the base of his throat, and suddenly a great warm, eager humming swelled and filled his mind, pressing outward through the boundaries and seeking an…
- Load More
