@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
*shrugs into huge furry usurper’s cape, swirls it dramatically, scowls at topic and adjusts massive golden crown* Topic— I have come to usurp you.
I guess the most important thing I’ve learned editing my WIP is a little difficult to put into words. The key symptom is over-describing things, but that’s not really the problem. Or rather it is,…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Your game sounds like a story I tried to write. It was an attempt to do a fairy tale spin off by putting Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel all in the same book as sisters. Their parents left on a journey and their evil uncle tried to take over the throne.
@rolena-hatfield, Ooo, that’s a great story idea! 🙂 That would…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@Rolena-hatfield that is lovely! Oh boy, I may take you up on that one… *rubs hands delightedly* Oh, that would be so fun… 😀
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus
This was totally, positively, VERY helpful! I should be finishing my WIP pretty soon (I’m hoping this summer), and it’s good to know about things to watch out for while editing…thanks for the tips!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
AWESOME TOPIC @DAEUS. I agree one hundred percent with everything you said. Do you mind of I ‘usurp’ 😉 your topic and share some things I’ve learned through editing as well?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@rolena-hatfield
Oddly enough, a lot of my story ideas come from dreams that I have regularly…this being the case, I can not possibly write every single story this strange mind of mine creates. :p I had a dream once about a boy at an orphanage. From what I remember, the building exploded; the boy, another boy, and a girl were the only…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Thank you. I’ll see if anything comes of it. 🙂
I once had a story idea about a boy whose father leaves to head to the other side of the mountain to become king. He leaves his wife and son behind. The boy goes after him. Along the way he makes friends with a wolf (who is the main character, he’s the narrator) and ends up saving…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
@christi-eaton If you like giraffes jump to this topic Anna’s Savanna by BlueJay (Under short stories) and have a read of my story for me and let me know what you think.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Hahahaha… not quite that impressive, I’m afraid. 😉 I will! Thank you for the invitation! 😛 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Hahahaha… not quite that impressive, I’m afraid. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
1,113 words, @Daeus. You?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Alright @daeus I’m off. *Writing hasn’t been forth coming so I’ll stop now.* So I really didn’t get much done. 🙁 *Grr I need to think of a good idea to write about.* Think, think, think….
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
It was an attempt to do a fairy tale spin off by putting Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel all in the same book as sisters. Their parents left on a journey and their evil uncle tried to take over the throne
Is this copyright @rolena-hatfield?
@kate-flournoy. That’s dreadful… *cries tears of sympathy* -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus I’m here now. Are we going to go till 11am (9pm)?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus awesome. I’m on. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus I am— when do you want to write till?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
WELCOME, WELCOME AND THRICE WELCOME, FELLOW WORD-WIELDER! *extends arms dramatically* New additions are always welcome here in the bestistist place on the internet. *glances wryly at previous posts* I see others have preceded me in informing you that this is, in fact, the bestistist place on the internet, but HEY! It can’t hurt you to hear it…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes @rolena-hatfield, that would be awesome… man… thanks a lot, I so did not need that idea! 😛 Another villain idea for that gem-oriented world would be to have a class of people called ‘hornfels’— a hornfel is what you call a mineral so weathered and beaten that the mineral becomes extremely hard. 😉 Yes, I know; that was a rather obscure…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
@christi-eaton, Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet! 😉 You won’t regret joining KP–that I can promise you. 🙂
Ooo, yes! The Wingfeather Saga is a great book series (I haven’t finished the last book yet, but still…).
I’ve never read Les Mis, but I’ve seen the play. Have you heard of/seen the play? Is the book at all like the…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
@christi-eaton, Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet! 😉 You won’t regret joining KP–that I can promise you. 🙂
Ooo, yes! The Wingfeather Saga is a great book series (I haven’t finished the last book yet, but still…).
I’ve never read Les Mis, but I’ve seen the play. Have you heard of/seen the play? Is the book at all like the…[Read more]
- Load More
