@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hehehee we were posting at the same time! 🙂 That’s awesome— nice title.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay I got 809 words of editing done— not too good, but not too bad either. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
616. How’d you go @kate-flournoy. I got a story finished and have started the fifth start in my Chaos adventure series. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yep @bluejay that’s good for me!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Great. I can actually do half an hour if you are up to that? @kate-flournoy
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay me! I’m in!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Has anyone seen the movie by the Kendrick brothers’ War Room?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Is anyone write for 25 minutes? @daeus @kate-flournoy
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello Awesome Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose Welcome to (I’ll say it, even though @kate-flournoy and @bluejay beat me to it) the bestistest place on the internet. You’re going to love it here. 🙂
Awesome, I love fantasy, too! What are some of your favorite books? (I say “some,” because asking a bookworm to pick one favorite book is like asking a mother to pick a favorite child. XD) -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello Awesome Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Welcome @winter-rose. *bother, @kate-flournoy beat me* Well, I guess I’ll say it anyway. Welcome to the bestistest place on earth. *Don’t bother looking up this word in the dictionary cause it won’t be there.
Toothless would be an awesome pet to have. It would be so much fun to fly through the air…I’m generally an artist who tries to draw, a…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello Awesome Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello @winter-rose! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! (*cough* It’s kind of a competition between the old forumers such as myself to see who can be the first to greet the newbies with that line. 😉 )
Oh wow, you play piano! So do I— what kind of music do you like best? And what do you most enjoy drawing? What style do you draw?…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Good point, @writefury. I agree.
It’s always nice when you can break things down into smaller categories. 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ha! I just read my first chapter and my last chapter. *choke, cough, laugh* Yeah, I’ve come a long way.
*contented, nostalgic sigh* Doesn’t it bring such a feeling of accomplishment, @Daeus? Now imagine if we all grew that much with each passing novel! That would be totally… um… freaky actually. Eventually there’d be no more room to grow… !_! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope the more I think about it, the more that makes sense. Thanks! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay Ooo, that sounds like a good book! Maybe I’ll read it this summer (I only say “maybe” because I already have so many other books I want to read this summer. 😉 ).
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I will. You may be sure.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hm… I’m not exactly sure, actually @Daeus… I always got the impression the Holy Spirit was more of a justice/judge type… Your definition definitely does seem to fit better. It’s not a huge theological cornerstone of mine or anything. 😀 I’ve not even studied a lot on it. I’m going to be once I get to where that actually gets important to my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hm, for my allegory (yes, I do allegory as well, what a small world it is! Hahaha… 😉 ). I don’t go very deeply into the actual physical character of the Trinity— a voice in a whirlwind would probably be the closest I’ve come at this point to actually giving God some ‘screen time’. (That sounds awful…) 😛 Mostly it’s theory— urgh, no,…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald I’ll tell you what is on the back of the book.
Nick Allen – Troublemaker?
Nick says no. He just like to liven things up at school, that’s all – and he’s always full of great ideas. And when Nick learns something interesting about how words are created, suddenly he’s got the inspiration for his greatest plan ever…
Who says a pen has to…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oooh, good topic @his-instrument! I have one thought that I think sums it up pretty well— ‘By their fruits you shall know them.’
Do your dragons save? They are then portrayed as saviors, not evil pagan gods. Do they devour? They are indeed evil, though not necessarily pagan. It is what they do, not what they are, I think. It’s one of those…[Read more] - Load More
