@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Ingrid and
Hannah R. are now friends 10 years, 5 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I am… till 9:00?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Chocolate chip.
@Daeus WHAT?! No m&ms?! *throws cookie in trash can* you can have the rest of mine.
-
Greta replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Eh, what’s that? *yawns and stares sleepily at the topic* *sees cookies and perks up*
@Daeus You have cookies? Can I… *inches closer to cookies* *snatches one and gulps it down*
Okay, all silliness aside, this is a great topic @kate-flournoy @Daeus @ingridrd. Great thoughts, everyone! Daeus, great point about the ending having to relate to…[Read more] -
Ingrid and
Mallory O'Bier are now friends 10 years, 5 months ago -
Tatiana replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hmm, are those cookies I smell? Don’t mind me. *casually takes two or three*
Endings. A tricky subject, I feel. Most endings, for me at least, are pretty unsatisfying. Like Captain America: Civil War. I just saw it yesterday, so I’m full of references and thoughts about it. It wasn’t the worst end, it just didn’t feel quite right for…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I would put my stamp of approval on that entire post, but I’ve had some trouble with that in the past, so I think I’ll leave it un-stamped…
Awesome post just the same. Very good points, both you and @Ingridrd.On the topic of theme and endings, I have found that working a story simply for the purpose of presenting a clear theme can be…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus
Wow; just wow. Forget what I said because what you’re saying makes a lot more sense! 😉 I agree that you shouldn’t have to fulfill all of the reader’s expectations, just some. That way you leave room for more creativity and an awesome story! By the way, I would totally read that story about the girl and the evil faerie dragonfly! It sounds…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy and @daeus
*runs in* *hunches over to catch breath* What did I miss? Oh, nice topic! As I have never actually written an ending for a book (short stories excluded), I have just about no experience with this topic. However, I do think it is important that you tie up any loose ends and don’t let the reader down. If the reader was…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy and @daeus
*runs in* *hunches over to catch breath* What did I miss? Oh, nice topic! As I have never actually written an ending for a book (short stories excluded), I have just about no experience with this topic. However, I do think it is important that you tie up any loose ends and don’t let the reader down. If the reader was…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay Yeah, it was a really good movie. I was tearing up in some parts, too. Ohh, you should watch Courageous and Fireproof! They’re really good and moving, as well. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@spradlin I think we need to discuss how many thumbs you have. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh yes, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde… actually you know, I think it’s more like a novella. I don’t remember the precise length, but it definitely wasn’t a full fledged novel. I highly recommend it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I don’t know where everybody else is @Daeus… but hey, I guess I don’t mind hogging it either. 😉 *eats cookie of her own, chokes, squints, eats second cookie and swallows with gulp, dusts fingers off on skirt*
I will be back with an intelligent post for this topic later. If the cookie monster doesn’t sue me first.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes @sarah-h, that’s one of the most important things about writing. Writing anything, not just something you’re not sure about. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hey, that’s great. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Well I got another 437 words written. Thanks for writing with me for that last bit @anna-brie. 🙂 902 in total. I’m very happy with that.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
More than I did @daeus, but I did have to do some research on kittens and stuff… 🙂 So I got 465.
@anna-brie are you continuing till 11:30??? (I am.) -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh! Oh oh oh, I remembered something else I was going to say. There’s a way to take an ending that would be completely bitter and add an element of sweet into it without reducing the bitterness.
I’m thinking specifically of one of my own novels here, but there have been countless others to employ this tactic. ToTC, to name just one.
The trick is…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh! Oh oh oh, I remembered something else I was going to say. There’s a way to take an ending that would be completely bitter and add an element of sweet into it without reducing the bitterness.
I’m thinking specifically of one of my own novels here, but there have been countless to employ this tactic. ToTC, to name just one.
The trick is…[Read more] - Load More
