@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Greta replied to the topic Hi, from the Deeper South in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@Timothy-Young, Very neat! I’ve only read one Henty, and I liked it, but I’ve never gotten around to reading any others. 🙂 Hmm, I’ve heard of the Scarlet Pimpernel, but I’ve never read it. I’ll have to look into that. 😉
-
Ingrid posted an update 10 years, 3 months ago
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
~Maya Angelou -
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Thanks for tagging me @Daeus! Life got busy (surprise, surprise), and I forgot about the book club. *gasp* I really enjoyed Animal Farm.
@kate-flournoy Sorry, I had to butt in on this conversation. I’ve never read Les Mis, but the music… I’m kind of obsessed. 😉 😛 Les Mis is my all-time FAVORITE musical!!! The music is just so amazing.…[Read more] -
Ingrid changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Ingrid changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Greta posted an update 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument I seem to have lost your email. Do you still have mine? If you do, would you mind shooting me an email? 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument *blows out breath* Oh, man. I don’t think you always have to use the same POV in every novel in a series. But I don’t see a reason why you wouldn’t…if that makes sense. I think using the same POV in a series of novels makes the series more cohesive.
I agree with you about first person, by the way. It’s always been easier for…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument
Great questions…
I think before I attempt to answer the first one, I need to know: would the stories be told from the same character’s point of view throughout the whole series? Or would you have the first book in third person told from character 1’s point of view, and the next book told in first person from character 2’s point…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*rueful smile* I know. I’m so spoiled.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
That is the most awful thing I’ve heard in a long time. HOW DO YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUTUBE???? Okay, okay, so I’m not that dependent on it… it’s just it’s a lot easier to write sometimes when you have dramatic music playing. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus here. Bring Him Home.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus whoa… *stares*… you’re right. That is really, really freaky. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I got 868 words. :/ I’m sure you beat me. What was your word count?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus yup. Till nine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hahaha… yes, I can see how that would be difficult. 😉 My favorite is probably Bring Him Home. To listen to and to sing— that last note gives me chills. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus just recently, and now it’s like my all time favorite stuff. I literally walk around the house singing ‘I dreamed a dream’ and ‘Bring him home’ and ‘Stars’… it is such beautiful music, and the words are gorgeous too, which I don’t find too often these days. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I’m reading Les Miserables, but that’s not exactly something easily adapted to this kind of club… 😛
Charlotte’s Web. Yes, yes, I know— it’s a kid’s book, but it is a classic and I think there’s lots to be learned from it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy it’s not embarrassing at all. It just means I handled it how it should have been handled. So it’s my fault. 😉
And if it’s any comfort, it makes me very happy when you cry over my work. Doesn’t that make you feel better?? Hm??? *hysterical laughter*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I vote for Black Beauty, The Hobbit, Frindle, and The Butterfly Lion. 🙂
(It might help if you tag people @daeus. I almost didn’t see this cause it was still in under Animal Farm) 😉 - Load More
