@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Sarah-H hmm… it depends. I’ve seen them too, and love them, and as far as violence goes if your brother’s seen Master and Commander he can see HH, but I’m seventeen and there are parts my parents skip when they watch it with me for other reasons. We actually skip one whole episode— The Duchess… something or other, and fragments of the rest.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Well @Hope *pulls long, solemn professor-face, folds hands gravely in lap* time spent on philosophy is never wasted. Philosophical thought is the magnifying lens through which we view our world. *nods solemnly* The clearer understanding we have of philosophy, the less confusing the world is.
😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope yay! You got it! I narrowed it down to pretty much that last night, but I wanted to look at it from every possible angle before I said anything. Bravo! I didn’t know you were a philosopher… 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ooh… ouch. Okay, gimme a while to figure that out. I thought I had it for a minute, but then I lost it. I’m still operating on sub-par intelligence. 😛
Unless perhaps non-existence is non-existent by very definition and therefore naturally does not exist… or co-exists with its nonexistence… hmmmm… yeah, give me a bit. 😉
And yes.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ooh… ouch. Okay, gimme a while to figure that out. I thought I had it for a minute, but then I lost it. I’m still operating on sub-par intelligence. 😛
Unless perhaps non-existence is non-existent by very definition and therefore naturally does not exist… or co-exists with its nonexistence… hmmmm… yeah, give me a bit. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Okay guys, I discovered a new favorite. My mom bought me this book on a random impulse, having heard it once before as an audiobook, and I devoured it in a day.
Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451.
Read it.
There’s a bit of language in it and a very few pretty graphic scenes, but they in no way detracted from the beauty of the story for me. In case…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey, a newcomer! I can’t believe I missed this… 😛 Anyway, welcome to KP, @C-C-Lane!
I know exactly what you mean about writing historical fiction— I have the same problem. All of my earliest novels were historical fiction, and they are quite liberally scattered with incongruous dragon metaphors. 😛
And hey, you know what, it’s actually…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
It’s okay. I actually can’t do it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Is anyone around for half an hour of writing????
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
Welcome @c-c-lane. I have just started to play guitar and it is very hard. But practise makes perfect. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
How about this one…
Choose a person (real or not) and write about a part of their life that no one knows about.
For example: I am writing about Robin Hood’s daughter. 🙂
@his-instrument -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pleasure Symbolized in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 3 months ago
Hm… *thinkthinkthink* Hm… pleasure… maybe… hey, would it work if it were a plant? Like, a grapevine or something? I don’t know why grapevine— probably because it puts me in mind of wine. 😛 But it could be— oh! Wait… wait wait wait… sorry, I’m thinking out loud here. Maybe it’s some forbidden but delicious…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Question in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm right here. 🙂
-
Ingrid posted an update 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey, everybody. Just wanted to say that I will be gone…again. All week. *sigh* 🙁 and 🙂 I’ll be at a summer camp Sunday-Saturday so, I’m NOT ignoring you if you tag me or something! Bye!!!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sorry, but I won’t be able to do this book either.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Aliens, in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 3 months ago
@Timothy-Young this is an excellent topic.
I think there are so few Christian scifi stories because Christians are still waking up and coming out of an ‘anything strange is bad’ and ‘all art is sinful’ mindset. That may be a bit harsh, but I think it’s justified. Christians have had lapses and relapses of legalism over the years for a long, long…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Adry_Grace yes, you’re right. I totally agree. When I said first page, I meant it more figuratively than literally. 😉 First page as in the beginning— the first chunk of story we get.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Prolog in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@meg02
It depends on the story. Do you need to provide the reader with some background information in the beginning of the book? If so, then I would suggest writing a prologue. If not, there isn’t any need. I am using a prologue in my WIP because I need to explain some of the conflict in the story. Hope this makes sense. 😉
Nice to meet you, by…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic Prolog in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@meg02
It depends on the story. Do you need to provide the reader with some background information in the beginning of the book? If so, then I would suggest writing a prologue. If not, there isn’t any need. I am using a prologue in my WIP because I need to explain some of the conflict in the story. Hope this makes sense. 🙂
Nice to meet you, by…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey, that’s awesome @Daeus! Oh, totally don’t let me stop you from watching LotR— I completely don’t mind!
Wow… I envy you. Enjoy it for me. 😉
- Load More
