@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
Need a bit of help here. Now I don’t want to say too much because of spoilers, but HELP!
*ahem, ahem. What noise comes to your mind when you think of a shell (reasonably big) breaking and falling onto a wooden floor?
But you have to make sure that your audience doesn’t know what has happened?
@kate-flournoy @faithdk @emma-flournoy @christi-eaton @d…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic What is an assonance? in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
*Boohoo.* I haven’t seen that movie, but I can guess….. Number three of Narnia. I’ve only seen the first two. Three is in waiting. I’m dying to watch it. *falls to the floor sobbing her heart out.*
@kate-flournoy, @anne-of-lothlorien -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Workshopping/Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@zcpeterson first of all, I really love this poem. I love the idea of building a poem off a piece of scripture, and you executed it very well. I may have to try this… 😀
The only thing that really needs work is what @Daeus said about the meter. For instance, take the first verse:
Who among you can number the stars
Who can count every small… -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@jess I am going through and editing a story for its second time. 🙂 Lots of fun. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
Then let me try and explain how I put a photo on here from my laptop. @julia-r
You know how you can change your profile picture? Pretend you are going to change it and put the photo you wish to upload there instead. (PLEASE DON’T SAVE IT)
On the right, you have a little box which shows you what your picture will look like.
Right hand click on…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
Then let me try and explain how I put a photo on here from my laptop. @julia-r
You know how you can change your profile picture? Pretend you are going to change it and put the photo you wish to upload there instead. (PLEASE DON’T SAVE IT)
On the right, you have a little box which shows you what you’re picture will look like.
Right hand click on…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What is an assonance? in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien…
*ahem* First of all, your quote should have been:
‘”It’s an assonance.”
“What’s an…”
“Oh for pity’s sake don’t ask him what an ass-y-thingamy is! He’s only longing to be asked. Say nothing and perhaps he’ll go away.”‘And then…
‘Most boys at this would have either flared up or gone out, but Eustace did neither. He just…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
@julia-r There is a way. It’s complicated, but it’s possible. *takes a deep breath*
First question: Do you have photo and are they on a computer? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@clairec 🙁
@jess and @anna-brie Technically 45 minutes are up, but I’m going to continue writing. I don’t know how long for, but I’ll tag you when I leave. 🙂 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@jess *pulls up a chair for you.* Sit down and join in. 🙂 *once you get your breath back*
@anna-brie *pulls up second chair for you* Awesome. It’s been awhile since we wrote together. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@jess *pulls up a chair for you.* Sit down and join in. 🙂 *once you get your breath back*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@jess great. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h; @daeus; @overcomer; @winter-rose; @jess; @anna-brie; @clairec; @anyone-else
Who’s going to write with me??? (for 45 minutes) -
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
It was 10:08am (Thursday) when you posted that question. 🙂 @corissa-maiden-of-praise
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
It was 10:08am Thursday when you posted that question. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I will be praying. (tag @corissa-maiden-of-praise and @hope for you. Read Anne’s post with her request above Corissa and Hope)
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Psst @anne-of-lothlorien It was actually Hannah Krynicki that beat you to saying “bestistest” not Daeus. He was second. 🙂 *disappears in a puff of smoke*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Psst @anne-of-lorthlorien It was actually Hannah Krynicki that beat you to saying “bestistest” not Daeus. He was second. 🙂 *disappears in a puff of smoke*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Is Your Birthday? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I’m seventeen and my birthday is March 24. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Musical Theatre in the forum Film 10 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Yes we did the Modern Major General song. Oscar did a great job with that. Thank thee for thy compliment, my lady. 😉 Fredrick was the only one who was 5 & 1/2 yrs. We tried to keep our voices deeper, but it really didn’t matter too much, as long as we didn’t sing like a soprano. 🙂 Some of the notes were a bit too deep…[Read more]
- Load More

Like shattering glass, perhaps with a duller ring to it as the wood would absorb a lot of the sound and the shell is hollow, besides.
@Bluejay
Hmmmm… I’d have to agree with Kate. It doesn’t quite have the tinkling resonance you’d expect from glass (because I have dropped many a glass in my days). Almost like what I’d imagine a pot shattering would sound like, if you want to use a comparison.
You’re not the only one to drop glasses. *I managed to drop a jar of Vegemite once. It was rather a mess*
Yes, I’m wanting a comparison. Originally I had, “the sound of a thousand stones falling to the ground.” But I don’t think it would shatter like that or make that sound.
Well, it also depends on the type of wood floor it is. Is it actual, solid wood? (unfortunately this seems to be becoming rarer, at least in my area) Or is it laminate wood floor? The sound would be different if it is.
Oh yes, and just to clarify, it breaks after it hits the wood floor, right? The way you worded it kind of suggested it breaks before hitting… *grins mischievously*
@bluejay
*grins back* Shhh…it breaks before it hits the ground. It is the good old solid wooden floor. @corissa-maiden-of-praise.
@BlueJay Well, that changes things. *ponders* Perhaps… well, how does it break then? We must take that into account if we are to accurately describe the sound. 😉
@corissa-maiden-of-praise You’re prying! You just want to know what happens don’t you??? 😉 *suspicious stare* It gets whacked on someone’s head. *A hard head* 🙂 *sniggers*
Goodness, this sounds terribly exciting. I can’t wait to read it! 🙂
@bluejay, Ahhh! This is a really hard question. I honestly can’t think of anything except what everyone else has already said, so, um, yeah! 🙂
Thanks @winter-rose That was what I was thinking too, but I wasn’t sure that a clay jar fitted as an example, so I reworded it and I ‘think’ I’ve got it.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Glad you think so. One day…
@BlueJay Whenever anything is cracked over someone’s head, you can generally count on the story being exciting. 😀
@bluejay, sounds like you’ve got it already, but I agree with the others—like pottery, just a little clearer and harder.