@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
The longer I stare at that, the more it messes with my eyes…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus gonna keep reading it unless you stop, hm? *chuckles* Glad I have you here to explain these things to me. 😀
In all seriousness, okay. Let me know what you thought once you finish.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Also I’ll tag you when I start tomorrow, ‘kay?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus hey that’s not bad.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus I got 869— not stunning, but I got over a difficult slump where there was a lull in the action so I’m happy.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus me. And yes, I’m planning on it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus I’d be the last person to judge you.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus yes, I know. Eldest was by far the toughest to get through. Thematically wishy-washy and not accomplishing much of anything. It’s been a while since I read Brisingr, but I do seem to remember it being a lot more interesting and a lot less eye-roll-worthy when it came to the worldview, probably because it didn’t say much of anything about it…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien it’s from a very famous comedic fantasy that practically everyone has watched.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean according to my observations, yes. But I don’t think it necessarily follows that one must be an introvert to be a writer. Introverts simply come to that more naturally. It’s a ‘safer’ way for them to make their voice heard.
@Anne-of-Lothlorien no, I don’t think I’ve ever based a character off a family member or someone I know. Just…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Heyyyy, you beat me to it @Hope.
But we knows the answer to that one too. *nods sagely* Edmund to King Miraz.‘Nonsense. You’re only saying that because no one ever has.’
-
Lightningmouse changed their profile picture 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ha! Little siblings can be so creepy. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm hm… my favorite genre of music is probably traditional Celtic/Scottish/Nordic, though it’s really hard to find genuinely beautiful arrangements of traditional tunes.
And… I don’t have a favorite band. I just dig through stuff and find things I like the sound of. 😛 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper um… keep it to myself. 😛 Trying to explain awesome story ideas or plot twists to non writers just never really works. If it’s just too amazing to not tell anyone, I’ll tell @Emma-Flournoy because even though she’s not a writer herself she understands. 😉 I also write it down in my little pocket notebook. I have at least three…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yes @Jess. I’m praying.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
(isn’t the theme a bit like Frozen’s? Like the theme of “Who needs guys?”)
That is hilarious. I have seen both Maleficent and Frozen, and that take on either theme did not even remotely cross my mind. I guess you could mayyyyybe see that with Maleficent, but the biggest takeaway I got from Maleficent’s theme was ‘there are other l…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes He is. *nods emphatically*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
That’s great Tessa. God of the little things as well, isn’t He? 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@clairec, @jess, @kate-flournoy, @daeus, @emma-flournoy, @overcomer, @sarah-h, @spradlin, @everyone
What can I say except GOD IS GOOD. We found it and it is now safely back on the necklace. Not to be worn around the yard near long grass.
All the glory goes to God. He showed us where it was. I was retracing my steps with my sister and all of a…[Read more] - Load More
