-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
Hey guys, I’ve been thinking. How do you encourage a reader to like a character who is already dead? And with minimal flashbacks? And and without being boringly sad? I have a few ideas, but this has been a challenge so far and I was wondering what everyone else thinks.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
Yep. Poor Sniper.
ikr, poor guy.
i love how it’s just like:
the character: is a literal assassin and would know like 10 ways to kill me if I got within a mile of him. Plus my augmentations to him give him two or three more of those ways to kill me.
me: I feel so bad for you, your life is so tragic. I would give you a hug if I weren’t con…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 3 months ago
Gotcha.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
Alright, here is my feedback!
~ Which character(s) did you find the most compelling/relatable/believable and why?
You know Tyn and Cyrus were my favorites from the previous book. In this book, I enjoyed James and Eric (post-memory wipe), both for their enthusiasm. Iskyagus was fun as well for the brief moment he was there.
~ Were there any c…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
I like Evan, he’s probably my favorite. The other guys sort of blend together a little for me (that might just be a me thing though.) Amber is fun too.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
Exactly.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
Yikes. Poor Jonathan.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 3 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
Yeah, I wondered if it was Sniper.
lol you know me well don’t ya?
If I remember correctly, he was shot in the chest and the side of his abdomen, right?
I’m assuming you saw that image in the school roleplay lol. I think that’s right. I don’t think he was hit in the heart directly, but yeah, I assumed it punctured one of the big arteries…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
@rae How do you know all that shooting stuff, first of all?
Second, thanks! Trying to figure this out cause remember in that fanfic I shared with you, that scene where the enemy team shoots Sniper? I’m writing scenes from his perspective and want to know exactly how long he would be able to remain conscious before passing out and eventually…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
@rae oh cool!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
@esther-c BRO I LITERALLY JUST LOOKED UP THAT KINDA THING
it was something along the lines of “where on a person will a bodyshot kill most easily” or “how long does it take for someone to die from a gunshot to the chest”
I wanted to know how long it takes a human or at least a humanoid to bleed out after being shot twice in the chest, cause I…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
Be careful out there, fellow writers 👀😂
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 3 months ago
@linus-smallprint I love it!! He looks great.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
Evan’s story is crazy. He must sympathize with Jonathan a lot.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Alan Becker Fans in the forum Film 1 year, 3 months ago
Oh and you’re welcome!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Alan Becker Fans in the forum Film 1 year, 3 months ago
On the head thing……It seems to be weirdly both.
You ever seen how in early 3d games like Mario 64 most of the “spherical” entities are actually flat and are facing toward the camera at all times, and their shading is how they accomplish the round look? Maybe it’s some kind of effect like that.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Alan Becker Fans in the forum Film 1 year, 3 months ago
@linus-smallprint cool beans. Also that orange animation is near perfect.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 3 months ago
@highscribeofaetherium @linus-smallprint NO ONE gets through the Minecraft one without crying, yes. Even my brother said he cried at and like I said, he never cries watching stuff. Never.
- Load More
