-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Seb
“Oh, that.” Seb prodded his forehead with a sponge, which he figured would be the least painful prodding tool. The throbbing beat which had kept him company the entire day had disappeared in his sleep.
Normally he would try to think of something smart to say. His shoulders dropped, and he looked around for a few moments before he…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Kate DiCamillo in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@loopylin @elishavet-pidyon @koshka @mineralizedwritings @rae @theshadow @freed_and_redeemed @highscribeofaetherium @liberty @hybridlore @calyhuge @smiley @raxforge @grcr @lightoverdarkness6 @ellette-giselle
I’m shooting blind, here. No idea who likes these books.
-
whaley started the topic Kate DiCamillo in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
A flame has been relit in my soul. I think I can confidently say that DiCamillo was one of the top influential authors in my childhood, and if you haven’t read some of her stories, you should. Her books have won many awards, and have a distinctly melancholy voice. Her most popular books are probably Tale of Despereaux, Flora & Ulysses, and The…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hey!!! in the forum Start HERE 1 year, 9 months ago
and the story was just so entertaining, so I was like “with a little work, I could fix this up and share it with everyone!”
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Hey!!! in the forum Start HERE 1 year, 9 months ago
@smiley actually, no, not star wars (surprisingly). But it is a sci-fi. It was based off this comic series (that I honestly don’t suggest looking up for reasons, part of my rewrite was to make a few of the jokes more appropriate and less Guardians of the Galaxy-dirty-humor-type) that I stuck an OC in for fun…..and to ship with my favorite…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I didn’t really notice that the uncle’s betrayal felt forced, but I would have to go back and look at it again to see for sure. I was so preoccupied with Yeah, I knew that was gonna happen and Oh no—what’s gonna happen to them now? To really focus on it. Unless Linus feels otherwise, I think it was fine.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Sorry this took me so long to respond—I didn’t get a notification, so I thought you hadn’t wrote back yet.
My first thought is that you would need to save Joseph, because it would be strange to kill off the main character three quarters (four fifths?) of the way through the book.
But looking past that, Joseph’s charact…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
You know you are a writer when your latest google search is this:
time difference between bee cave texas and adelaide australia
and you have been to neither of those places and this is all for one line in a fanfic that might not even make it to the next draft.
(By the way, the cities are 16 hours and 30 minutes apart.)
here are some…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper aww yes he should, that dog is so pretty!
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
How close are your character personalities to the real person? I can’t say I make a one-for-one imitation of the person. Recently I was inspired by a friend’s hyper deliberateness in friendships and used that as a trait, but I used barely anything else.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
And finally, my dog, because he’s definitely art. Definitely relevant.

-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago

-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Eh, I wasn’t surprised.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago

-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Joseph, Amelia, and Beric. I don’t know her brothers well enough yet.
I’ve let myself be deceived. My whole life I thought I’d never have the strength, and I was right. But it’s not about me at all! None of this is.” Joseph waved his hand to punctuate his words. “My whole life I’ve been worried about what I can and can’t do, but…
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
Some art from the National Gallery when I went there recently. Sigh, my camera is not good, but it is one of my favorites.

-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Good scenes, though. Joseph was a tiny bit preachy when he had his character shift arc, but it worked since that’s been his struggle since the beginning.
I can’t wait to see what happens next. 🥺
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
- Load More

