-
Enid replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks for the debriefing! I’ve read up on these concepts before, but it’s been so long since I focused on them, that I felt you were better able to summarize these things.
Of these, I think effects is actually the least important. Access and costs can both be very important, but cost probably a bit more so.
Definitely agree with this. Any…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Portals: When My Story Ate Me in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Apparently my feet changed that, which meant my story was changing itself. A terrifying thought indeed.
Dun … dun… DUN!!! XD
Nice segment. Interested to see where it goes next…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
ooh yes, the Pardalis.
Hmm… I don’t know! I’ve always called Pyro “he” but if he turned out to be a she, I wouldn’t be too surprised.
Here’s the fic!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SXigHpJueaZyEEgR0myaKj5O-jRh7X2ko6EgxZAy5JM/edit?usp=sharing
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@the_lost-journal you’re welcome!
tip: start out by tracing stuff. Pay close attention to what you’re copying. Eventually, when you’re comfortable with making a tracing look like the real thing, start drawing separately on another piece of paper while looking at the image as a reference. Eventually if you want to you’ll be able to draw stuff j…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Portals: When My Story Ate Me in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon wow, very cool!
Man, I’d hate being sucked into my own story, but that might have something to do with the fact that I’d either get eaten by a dragon who doesn’t know any better on the first page or I’d have to deal with an alternate version of myself who’s not afraid to kill, and will probably beat me up ‘cause I’m fangirl…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I have:
-Humans. Scout is technically a human, although he’s a hybrid, cause he doesn’t have any exotic powers.
-Changelings. These look almost exactly like humans, except for very subtle stripes on their skin, forked tongues, and eyes that can narrow to slits like cats’ or snakes’. They can change the colors and pattern…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@the_lost-journal oooh that’s cute!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
His accent is also really funny.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@the_lost-journal nice! The creature I made Medic is one of my favorites.
-
Enid replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Aaand I’ll reply to everyone else, but I have to go. *Poofs away*
-
Enid replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
That type of randomness must be preserved.
I agree. You can definitely keep that vibe and just make up the rules for yourself so you stay consistent. You wouldn’t have to tell anyone the rules of the system.
It seems like your magic comes from fantastical animals. I don’t know if that’s true, but I do think that would be a great source of…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@rae oh lollll
I’m glad he thought it was funny. Hope he enjoys the fic! When he’s finished, ask him what his favorite characters and species were.
….you did explain I didn’t make it all up right? That it’s just my interpretation of an existing fandom?
-
Enid's profile was updated 1 year, 8 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Arcs in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh yeah, this is also a great article: https://booklaurie.com/blog/the-psychology-of-creating-characters/
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@koshka thanks! I always base my myths off something real to the storyline.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle oh man that’s horrible!
I’m so sorry that happened.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle oh no!! What happened?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Arcs in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
I love that story idea! It sounds super interesting, and I would totally pick it up. Elishavet had some great advice. Let’s see… what do I do for character arcs?
Honestly, it takes a while for these things to come together in my writing. I don’t sit down to write for the first time and already know all the details of my plot and c…[Read more]
- Load More
