@keilah-h
Active 1 hour, 12 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 7126
-
Loopy replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
I drew myself with my apatosaurus stuffy

(based mostly off vibes. I did not look in the mirror) -
hybridlore changed their profile picture 2 years, 2 months ago
-
hybridlore posted an update 2 years, 2 months ago
It’s crazy that summer is just about over . . . I’m excited for school to start, but it feels like it went by so fast.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Help with a scene in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I second @ellette-giselle, but I would probably make the larger portion of it Mandin’s, and then a shorter scene/s from Nahim’s point of view. Being inside the mind of a character who’s depressed and delirious can be disorienting (wow, alliteration there lol.) Except if the rest of the book is from Nahim’s POV–then, it might be better just…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
I think the art of respectful disagreement is completely lost in today’s society. Or maybe… it’s just called maturity. XD
AGREED!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Hi Min!
Yes, Thankfully I have found it the same here! For me I used to not really speak what I thought when asked. I would just shrug or brush it aside, but I started feeling guilty about it. I came to the place where I knew I needed top say what I really believed. So I did. And the first time I did I was nearly blown to pieces with the…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago

-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago

-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Help with a scene in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Ooo, I love these scenes. I find it most satisfying as a reader if you do a mix of both. Go from one point of view to another. Keep it fluid, but let us feel both characters struggles and grief.
So like this:
Good sized chunk about Nahim. (two to five paragraphs i would say, or somewhere around there)
***
Good sized chunk about…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
I guess so.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Help with a scene in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Probably should put some tags on this:
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @calyhuge @linus-smallprint @theducktator @esther-c @grcr @lightoverdarkness6 @idk
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Aw, thank you! That really means a lot to hear you say that!
Yes, @linus-smallprint is mean for doing that, (lol), but the cliff hanger wasn’t a huge shock. I kinda started to suspect and I guessed she knew something about his parents the minute she got all weird about his name. I need you to hit me with something harder if you want…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
and here’s some more……
That night, as Aaron lay in bed, he wondered how soon he and the others would be up and on the walls. He dreaded another long night, yet he knew it was necessary to keep the enemy at bay. As his eyes began to close, Aaron whispered softly in the darkness, “Thy will be done Father, Thy w…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Hi Min!
Yes, Thankfully I have found it the same here! For me I used to not really speak what I thought when asked. I would just shrug or brush it aside, but I started feeling guilty about it. I came to the place where I knew I needed top say what I really believed. So I did. And the first time I did I was nearly blown to…[Read more]
-
Ruth started the topic Help with a scene in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
As some of you may know, I’m currently writing a type of sci-fi fantasy titled Guardian Angels, a space story. The main main character is Nahim, and the side character who kinda stole part of the spotlight is his best friend, Mandin. The antag is a king named Vorgan. Nahim and Vorgan are not only from warring nations, but also have personal g…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
I hope you don’t mind me reading your conversation above lol
Man it sounds like you’ve had kind of a rough time in the past with sharing opinions ect. People on Kp are pretty good with not being ‘reactive’ if you know what I mean. Like when you’re talking abt politics and the other person starts raising their voice, cutting you…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
ok, took a second because I opened the doc and found it was covered in edits I forgot to fix yesterday……. sorry.
When Aaron arrived at the great hall, the people turned worried eyes on him. Aaron walked across the bridge that had been constructed from the rubble to the large stone in the middle of the water. He…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Right, I wouldn’t want them to get physical before marriage either. I guess I just know guys can have odd thought posses about things like this, and I was trying to make it more realistic. Believe me, it makes me cringe when guys think that way! lol. I can cut that.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Yay!!!
Ok, here we go.
I disagree with Oliver. I think There is no excuse for doing evil.
Oh man, poor Oliver. That’s so depraved! Oh no!!! What if the Lyen king tries to do the same thing!!!!! Oh man!
Oh because Martha’s father is the one who found the wizard in the woods, and the wizard was Alan’s father! It’s…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Yes I recognize that, and I have noticed girls are pretty myself, but it is mostly just the awkwardness. As I read that scene I could not help but cringe inwardly. But, you are making me feel the way Aaron does at that moment, so that is not a bad thing.
My dad said that it’s the natural way for a guy to think, and he has to…[Read more]
- Load More
