-
Lin replied to the topic Who Do You Write Like? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Ooh, nice! J.K. Rowling has a nice writing style. Shorter chunks also give varying results! ^-^
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Who Do You Write Like? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
I coped and pasted a large section and got J.K. Rowling
I’ll have to try again and see who else I get (Agatha Christie sounds pretty popular!) ^-^
-
ella replied to the topic My first sci-fi short story(sounds like a photo album, but true:) ) in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 10 months ago
1st section:
1)Â I like the opening sentence 😉
2)Â In the second paragraph, I think it would flow better if you shortened some of the sentences by omitting unnecessary words/details or splitting the sentences into two sentences
3)Â “The loud whirring of the distant, useless generator
breakingbroke the howling of the wind through jagged pea…[Read more] -
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
@Linyang Zhang
Thank you! Ooh, fellow fantasy writer 😀
I’d love to post sections of my writing (it’s still second draftish), so I might think about doing that sometime! I enjoy playing the violin (I’ve been playing since I was… ten, maybe?), and have just challenged myself at the electric guitar, but the piano is an instrument I’m dying to…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
Hiya, Ella! Wow, I have to say I also enjoy all of the things you listed. Aww, Jasmine is the perfect name for a sassy cat (I almost named one of my cats Sassy, actually). I don’t play sports officially (I thought about it before), but my older brother throws baseball and football with me occasionally, so I really enjoy that. That’s really neat y…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
@Gracie J.
Ahoy! (that feels awesome to write)
Hmm… lots of great questions here! Yay! Okay so first of all…
- I’m still in the beginning stages of my novel (approximately 15,000 words—just above the inciting incident), but I have a clear view of certain *predicaments* and scenes that happen further on, so I’m moving pretty quickly (I recently…
-
ella replied to the topic My first sci-fi short story(sounds like a photo album, but true:) ) in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 10 months ago
Hey!! I was thinking I could look through each post if you wanted me to and proofread each separately (so I don’t write all the changes in one long post). Sound good?
-
ella replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
Hello!! Welcome to KP! I’m Ella and I used to be homeschooled, but now I go to a classical Christian school. I loooovve cats, working out, basketball, listening to music, and writing thriller/suspense/dystopian books. My cat is a brindle named Jasmine and she’s super sassy! 😂
I know everyone’s asked you a lot of questions alr…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 10 months ago
Would your character rather be able to have extreme jumping skills or be able to maneuver every maze?
Isa:Â maneuver every maze
Andrew: extreme jumping skills
New question:
Would you rather go on a cruise on the fjords in Norway or go to the Caribbean?
-
Lin replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 10 months ago
@scoutfinch180 Ah, it’s a thing that the kids used to say.
Jett would rather run out of ideas. Run out of energy won’t help him with his job.
Would your character rather be able to have extreme jumping skills or be able to maneuver every maze?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j Pinterest is a great place to find good memes XD Okay, I actually have to leave for a bit now too. Bye!
-
Lin replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j Laurence would take a cat over a dog. Then again, his brother has a snake…
Would your character rather be there or be square?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j Just some scene outlines for a superhero sequel 🙂 What are you working on?
OH, I see! Gotcha 😀
-
Lin replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j XD Great answer.
Micah would rather wear glasses, as his eyes are very sensitive to light.
Would your character rather bake or cook?
-
Lin replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j Nahum would take a bunch of crazy family members. After all, his family is already crazy, and if they aren’t there, then who’s he going to get money out of?
Would your character rather be bit by a fish or a bird? (The said animal is now pretty much permanently stuck on them)
-
Lin replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Ooh, your story sounds quite interesting! I’m also working on a fantasy work, though it happens in different worlds with a very large cast of characters. I’d love to read yours if you ever want to post a part of it here!
Tea is quite good, to be honest, but I’ve gotten so used to drinking water that drinking other types of liquids…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j I think I’ll be around for a bit (but might have to hop off any minute) 🙂
Hmm, Google Doc links usually work on here… did you use the link provided in the ‘share’ button at the upper right corner?
-
Lin replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j (Our messages sent at the same time XD) Daniel would rather not get the glory. He’s rather on the shy side.
@writerlexi1216 Welcome, welcome! Glad to have you here. Albatross would choose to only be able to whisper, as she can’t speak at the moment. It sounds a bit more soothing.
Would your character rather lose an arm or lose a leg?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Well, here I am! 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
Hi, ScoutFinch! That’s really great we have so much in common. Oh, I love dogs too (especially huskies), so I can definitely relate.
Thanks for the writing complement! I’m a little shy to share my story ideas but it makes me happy that other people like them. Wow, your story sounds incredible too (definitely one I would want to read)! I’m a fan…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 10 months ago
So I’ll just jump straight into this, I guess. To the last three questions, Caira (my MC) would definitely 1. do good but feel guilty, 2. be immortal, and 3. be a tightrope walker. She’s pretty vigilant so I don’t think she’d have a problem being on a tightrope…
Would your character rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
- Load More
