-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j I thought it was super sad ahh. Every time I flipped the page it just got worse and worse…but it was written really well and I enjoyed it a lot.
Merry Christmas to you as well!
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j I just wanted to let you know I finally finished Gone With the Wind.
I-I can’t think right now. I’ll sort my thoughts out tomorrow ahhh.
-
ella changed their profile picture 5 years, 9 months ago
-
ella replied to the topic What was the most difficult scene for you to write and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
Definitely. On a slightly different note, I hate it when people write comic relief characters who are so try-hard!! 😄 I almost put the book down (e.g. Uriah in the Divergent series–I liked him in the first book, but in the last two, he was super cringy) Anyways, it’s interesting to see how so many writers (most of the time) s…[Read more]
-
Lin posted an update 5 years, 9 months ago
Hey, uh, I won a short story contest a few months ago if you want to read it…. https://www.writervana.com/post/october-2020-contest-winner
-
ella changed their profile picture 5 years, 9 months ago
-
ella's profile was updated 5 years, 9 months ago
-
ella replied to the topic What was the most difficult scene for you to write and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
I struggle with everything everyone else has mentioned, but I always have the hardest time trying to make friendly banter between two characters. Since I write in a different setting than real life, I can’t use the banter between me and my friends as inspiration. (It’s also mostly cheesy stuff anyways. 🙂 ) So yeah, I’ll be w…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Prologue Critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I get it. Characters like that are hard, but I love to read and write them!!
-
ella replied to the topic Prologue Critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 9 months ago
This is great! The first sentence is amazing! 😃 Wonderful job!
If you wanted to, it might be interesting to make Corvina more stoic on the outside, but conflicted only on the inside. As a servant of the Destroyer, I would personally want to try to keep my feelings to myself, lol!! 😂
Thanks for sharing!! I hope you post more…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What was the most difficult scene for you to write and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
@kathleenramm Honestly, every scene I write is difficult once it starts to lag. So then I usually toss in a new character or yet another fight scene, or most of the time, both. But in general, uh, romantic scenes are probably the biggest struggle for me. Which is probably why there has been an extreme lack of romance in everything that I’ve…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I’ll stay around! I’m sitting in a coffee shop right now doing a little writing ^-^ Well, rewriting rather than new writing… *sigh
-
Alexa Autorski's profile was updated 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I’ll be on! (off and on, probably, but still on) It’s a rainy day, so I may drop in from time to time 🙂
How is everyone’s writing coming along? I’m currently taking a break from my WIP, but hoping to get back to it soon. One of my biggest New Year’s resolutions is to finally finish my book *fingers crossed!
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Probably not…sorry. I’m busy filling out stuff and studying for finals.
-
Lin changed their profile picture 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 That’s exciting!
-
Alexa Autorski's profile was updated 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic How has your writing changed since you first started? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
@Kathleen
A few characters with great character development come to mind, actually, but since I’m a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, I have to point the finger at Zuko (and not just Zuko; plenty of other ATLA characters are incredible). Zuko has one of those character arcs that I’m personally a fan of (going from evil to good) and the slow…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic How many of you are published? in the forum Publishing & Platform 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 You can read some of my stuff online…but when I publish traditionally I’ll tag you.
@gracie-j Thanks for the tag!
Yep, you should be able to find a link to my work in the interview.
- Load More
