-
Lin replied to the topic Today I read… in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j Thanks for the recommendation! (I do have a Goodreads, if you ever wonder…not an author one though.)
@kathleenramm Most of my favorites are from all different people, but Naoki Urasawa has been by far one of my most favorite authors. Everything he creates is just an absolute masterpiece… (Highly recommended for older people,…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Hmm, the links not working… here we go.
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
That’s a good idea for plotting structure! Are you still working on the Daughters of the Seven Seas (sorry if I got that wrong)? If so, which book are you on?
Btw, here’s a link to a little survey on NaNoWriMo that helps with planning your writing schedule: What’s the best NaNoWriMo writing schedule for you? (t…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I’m actually going back over the NaNoWriMo Prep 101 to use the worksheets for making characters and plotting. Question: do you have a favorite plotting structure? I’m a plantser (right in between plotter and pantser), so I’m still trying to find my happy-medium when it comes to plotting.
Writing’s going pretty well–I haven’t st…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I am!!!! 😄
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Love it! 😍
Your synopsis is really good!!! Arabella’s backstory is really interesting… 😀
Hope your writing goes well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 I’ve gotten into writing crime recently, so they aren’t really actual mysteries, per se, as I reveal who the culprit is as one of the main characters. However, I think that this bit sounds really interesting! I think you should develop it!
Also, I’ve heard that for mysteries it’s good to have the solution first and then sprinkle…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I’ve tried to write mysteries, but alas, they are too predictable and trashy. 😆 However, I love to read them! I like your idea–it sounds great to me!! I also think that world of Cirque would also be really interesting to develop. (Btw, is November a girl or boy? Sometimes it’s hard to tell with names 😉) I’m intri…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic The Journal (a poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 5 years, 9 months ago
🥰 Thanks so much!!
-
Lin replied to the topic Acts 2:38-39 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Thanks for sharing this! I have no clue what denomination I am, but I 100% agree with this. Thanks for being so outspoken!
-
Lin changed their profile picture 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Lin replied to the topic Today I read… in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@kathleenramm Great idea! Though be warned; my list will probably mostly consist of manga, with a classic book once in a while. Hopefully this might spark up my love for reading again, haha…
@gracie-j Ah, yes. I feel you. I may live up North, but being a second-gen immigrant, I’ve never really felt that strongly about the civil war. However, I…[Read more]
-
Annika C. replied to the topic Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@kathleenramm
Enjoy! -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Acts 2:38-39 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Right on! *thumbs up*
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Today I read… in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
This is cool! 😀
-
ella replied to the topic The Journal (a poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 5 years, 9 months ago
I got you, thanks so much!! 😉
-
Lin replied to the topic The Journal (a poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 5 years, 9 months ago
@nova21 I really out of touch with poetry right now, so I can’t really say much, but I liked it a lot!
-
ella replied to the topic The Journal (a poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 5 years, 9 months ago
Thank you so much! Typos… 😒 And punctuation has never been my friend. Thank you for the advice!
-
ella started the topic The Journal (a poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 5 years, 9 months ago
Hey everyone! Here’s a poem I wrote. I wrote it really quickly, so it’s kinda rough here and there. I’d love y’all’s feedback/critiques though! (It’s kinda long, sry)
The Journal
One hundred Septembers ago,
he gave a small book to his dear.
“As you grow, it will too,
But only if you write every year.”
Ninety Septembers ago,
She found…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic What was the most difficult scene for you to write and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I know what you mean. That’s an interesting thought–I’ve never really paid attention to authors’ favoritism. I’ll have to think about it. I feel like I’ve read that kinda thing before though, and I’ve definitely written it!! 😂
- Load More
