-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic What Makes a Mystery? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Sorry it took me a while to get here. I’ve been crazy busy with writing. 🙂 Anyway, I’ve not read a whole lot in the mystery genre, but I say a big area needed to have an amazing mystery would be to keep the reader’s guessing and at the end when the “villain” or whatever is revealed it’d be someone I wasn’t expecting but I could go back…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What Makes a Mystery? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@kathleenramm XD I was kind of overwhelmed at first too but after like two or three chapters that no longer became a problem. I should read some of her other stuff too…
-
Lin replied to the topic MBTI Types and Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@ugroza Every time I take the thing I get something different, but I usually get INFJ, INFP, or ISFJ. I like writing fantasy, crime, slice of life.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic MBTI Types and Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I’m also an INFP, and I like writing sci-fi (sometimes fantasy) 🙂
-
Lin replied to the topic Today I read… in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I read Summer of the Swans a couple of days ago. 1970 middle-grade children’s fiction about a girl during puberty and her autistic brother. I thought it was a sweet, quick read. I haven’t touched a book like that in literal years, so it kind of brought me back to when I was a kid.
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic MBTI Types and Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I’m a Mediator (INFP) too! And I also write fantasy! Maybe there is a trend after all 🙂
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 That looks lit! I’d love to find out more about her!
-
ella replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Haha! What’s your personality type (if you don’t mind me asking 😄)? I also do it for my characters–Seia is an Architect, INTJ, I believe…?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Oooh, I like that test too! I think I’m an INFP… something along those lines.
Occasionally, I’ll take the test as one of my fictional characters. That’s interesting sometimes 😀
-
ella replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
haha, yes I’ma huge extrovert!!!! 🤪 pretty sure I’m an ENFP (extroverted, intuitive, feeling, perceiving)… 🧐
here’s the link for a personality test if you haven’t taken it before——the results are almost always on point:
https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
have fun!!!! 😃😃😃
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic What Makes a Mystery? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I’ll definitely have to read that one first then:)
-
Lin replied to the topic What Makes a Mystery? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@kathleenramm (Realistic!) Ooh, I read the first book of All the Wrong Questions a long time ago. Never got around to the others, though.
@lewilliams Professor Layton! Never played but I do know about him.
@abigail-m She’s my dad’s favorite English author! I highly recommend And Then There Were None!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Hmm… this one is tough, because I fall in love with all of my characters and would probably bore everyone to death if I went through all of them. So I’ll just stay with the ones I know best 🙂
I think the trophy for ‘Best Character’ would have to go to the heroine of my current fantasy WIP, Caira. I like Caira for many different reasons, but m…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Ooooh, my favorite character??? HOW can I choose!! XD I guess I’ll talk about my latest one, Keenum!! He’s a prince of a country that was overthrown when he was seven. But now as a sixteen-year-old boy everyone is expecting him to take back his kingdom. What I love most about him is his inner struggles and conflict. How he wants to do the…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
(Btw, I think in my WIP’s MC’s thoughts all the time too. Sometimes, I literally write my characters’ whole letters. I think it’s just one of those things that come from being a writer:)
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I’m so sorry, I completely forgot you asked to post the collages on your blog!!!  Go ahead, use it however you want!!  It’s only a hobby, I honestly don’t care who you credit it to. 😉
thanks!!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic What Makes a Mystery? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I have seen Agatha Christie’s titles on bookstore shelves before, but I definitely should read one. I have a copy of Sherlock Holmes on my shelf but haven’t read it yet.
Thank you for the recommendation:)
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Thank you!
I don’t know what to do with my short story just yet. It is set at ‘EverHappens,’ a small town stable. Fox is the other MC, who is recovering from a trick riding accident on a colicking horse, that she has always blamed herself for.
EverHappens is a romance/horse story, that revolves around the Fox and Adrain’s rivalry and…[Read more] -
Abigail.M. replied to the topic What Makes a Mystery? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I don’t usually read them. But from the ones I have read, I believe one of the things that make good mysteries is when there are no apparent clues shown in the beginning and don’t reveal all the secrets in the following chapters. Every time, I knew how the mystery would end before I was halfway through the book… which, now come to think of it,…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
- Load More
