-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
I haven’t had much experience writing series yet, but I’ve read plenty of them, and three things that I notice work are:
1# The character’s arc isn’t resolved right away.
2# The love interest doesn’t confess anything in the first few stories.
3# And an ongoing fear.
Not that these observations mean a whole lot, but they seem…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
WHOOOOOOOOA!!! That’s an INCREDIBLE chapter header! Did you make it in Canva?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Girl, I feel you!! I could talk about my WIP for literal hours (if not days)! And yeah, I’ve already spoiled some of it on the plot twists forum… so sorry about that lol
That’s a good idea about printing out character arcs! I may copy you and do that myself! 🙂
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Ooooooh, girl, these two colleges are sooooo EPIC!!!!! This is me: 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 Also, I REALLY like that background image you used for Chiaro’s college!!!! AH-MAY-ZHING-NESS!!!!!!
Eeeeek girl, these are AWESOME!!!!!! <33 I really like how the first one’s colors are darker and the other one has lighter c…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
LOL about the Emoji thing! (Yeah, I know I’m late. I’ve been sooooo busy this past couple of weeks.) And I LOOOOVE these quotes!!!! And that last one is SUPER TRUE!!!! I’m always going around like writers don’t take breaks. XD
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Oooooh, girl, this is GENIUS!!!!!!! I’ve tried writing sequels before and man it’s sooooo much harder, so I can’t wait to see what everyone else has got!! One of my biggest struggles (’cause I’ve been plotting out the sequel for Into the Lamp) is trying to figure out a good balance of kind of telling the same story again without…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Ah yes if you haven’t heard of my biggest project it’s a series that consists of thirteen series- I’m halfway through series number four so I think I’ve got a pretty good handle on things, as of now. Most of it is a mess but, y’know…
So if you watch anime, like I do, there are these things called “seasons” and “arcs”. Season…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing A Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
LET THE SHOW BEGIN! I’m looking forward to seeing what everybody posts here! As for me, one thing that I struggle with in writing a series is pacing (ugh), but I think I have a better idea of where to go from here 😉 Those tips you gave me were really helpful!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Ooh, thanks for the super helpful response! 🙂 I’ve actually subscribed to Abbie Emmons’ youtube channel! She’s really great at explaining/teaching a lot of writerly things, but I need to watch more of her videos about the 3 act story structure.
I’m still not sure how long I want my series to be (like, I don’t know if it’ll be a…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
I love that chapter header!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@scrpter-of-kingdoms
Yellow is one of my favorites colors too XD And same here! I am a HUGE fan of not-quite-steampunk-but-definitely-inventory type things. My character, Anton is like that too. I was actually inspired by steampunk-related things to create his personality. He comes up with all the strange gizmos and inventions aside from his…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Aw, thank you, Linyang! This really makes me feel a whoooole lot better 🙂 I can tend to think about how far I have to go rather than how far I’ve come, so if I look at things that way, it actually makes me feel a lot more confident and motivated at all the progress I’ve made! This definitely makes me feel encouraged, so thank…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Aw, I get you! I feel that way sometimes as well! But when I do, usually I just pray and then move on and keep on working. And sometimes I look back at my old writing and am amazed at how far I’ve come…and also I think about my writing dreams! And how hard I have to work to get there…sometimes I show my stuff to others for…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
@writerlexi1216 You’re so welcome! I’m so glad that encouraged you! <3
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
No, that’s not weird. I’m so glad that I was able to help:) And if/when you decide to share some, I’m first on the sign-up list! 😀
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Thank you so much, Jen! That was a huge encouragement to me! Especially when you pointed out how I’m a better writer than I was yesterday… that helps me to really change my perspective on things. I tend to look at the future and how far I need to go to be a “good writer”, and instead I don’t look back at how far I’ve come. And I’ll…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Abigail, those words literally spoke to my heart (I don’t care if that sounds weird, but it’s the absolute truth). That was such an encouragement to me!! I guess I just got so wrapped up in thinking that I was the only writer who ever struggled this badly, so I started doubting myself/my writing. But to hear that other people (and…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic For the Poets Among Us… in the forum Poetry 5 years, 7 months ago
THAT. IS. SO. BEAUTIFUL!! 😀
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
Aww, thank you so much! That really helps me 🙂 And it also helps to know that I’m not alone in this. I sincerely appreciate your encouragement! <3333
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic I Feel Discouraged… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 7 months ago
…and this one. 🙂
- Load More
