-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Catwing Has Landed in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@catwing You made it!!!! And I’m two days late to the party. Like normal. XD Still, it’s great to see you. I’ve always loved cats with wings. Anything with wings, really, except for some bugs. But cats, horses, dragons, wolves… I enslave *coughs* I mean, care for them all.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic What You Think of When You Hear the Word "Texas" in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@shannon We might, but we may not call them fire ants specifically. We have what we call bull ants though.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Works cited page? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@salome01w4g I wouldn’t think so, seeing as it’s a novel and not a non-fiction historical book or an essay. But I don’t know for sure.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Christ Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@graciegirl I’m glad we could be of some help 🙂 And I’m glad you’ve got a clearer picture now. Let me know how it goes! 😀
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic What You Think of When You Hear the Word "Texas" in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@shannon No, I do not. I live in Western Australia. And even though it has the word “Western” in it, it’s nothing at all like the Wild West 😉
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic What You Think of When You Hear the Word "Texas" in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@shannon Everything’s bigger in? 😉 XD
Big hats, big belt buckles, big accents (well, not big, but thick) Uhm… I don’t generally think cowboys, but I like the idea 😉 I also think of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans on the Muppet Show, and Dale singing Deep in the Heart of Texas 😀
*goes to listen to it now*
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Christ Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
I do not know how to write a Christ-figure, but Deaus and Hope Ann seem to have a pretty good idea. My friend’s and my co-writing project is going to have some sort of a Christ-figure as well, but we’re not up to that yet, so we haven’t figured out all the details.
As for other Christ-figures in fiction, there is, of course, Aslan of Narnia. I…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Christ Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@graciegirl Oooo, yes. *grins* *rubs hands* I definitely think a Christ figure can be a well-rounded character in His own right. Even a main character, if you do it right. Part of it depends on the depth of your allegory and if you are making a certain point or if you are presenting the gospel story itself. Even then, the point is to present…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper That’s great! That is really, really great! He looks so similar to how I picture him 😀 Thanks so much!
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Noah Conference in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy I think AiG and Creation Mag are connected, though I’m not 100% certain 😉 Ah, okay, I knew they were also connected somehow 🙂 Yes, I do want to come and see it sometime, but who knows when that will be?? :O
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Noah Conference in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy Oh yeah, I know about AiG and Creation magazine. They’re great. My grandparents (and I’m always amazed to hear this) know quite a few of the people involved (my grandfather was even featured in Creation Magazine once 😀 ). I think we even went to see Ken Ham speak once. And my friend (American 😉 ) recently told me about that…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Noah Conference in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy This might go without saying because I live nowhere near Kentucky, but your forum looked lonely 😉 No I’m not going to the Noah Conference. What’s it about? 😀
-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic Quarterly Wood Coin Report in the forum Stewards of the Pen 9 years, 1 month ago
@stewie-plotter Whoops, I never added links to my boards. They are below, but I have another…you guessed it, Question. When can I use my coins? I want to make a KP swag purchase soon and I’d like to apply my coins to the order.
Links: @michael-stanton The collaborative board I started:…[Read more]
-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic Quarterly Wood Coin Report in the forum Stewards of the Pen 9 years, 1 month ago
@stewie-plotter Whoops, I never added links to my boards. They are below, but I have another…you guessed it, Question. When can I use my coins? I want to make a KP swag purchase soon and I’d like to apply my coins to the order.
Links: @michael-stanton The collaborative board I started:…[Read more]
-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic Quarterly Wood Coin Report in the forum Stewards of the Pen 9 years, 1 month ago
@stewie-plotter Whoops, I never added links to my boards. They are below, but I have another…you guessed it, Question. When can I use my coins? I want to make a KP swag purchase soon and I’d like to apply my coins to the order.
Links: The collaborative board I started:…[Read more]
-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic A writer of both games and books says "Hi!" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
Greetings @destiny ! It’s so cool that you design games! Tell me more about the current one. How do you win/what is the object?
-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic What Villains Would I Use for This Story? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 1 month ago
@WarrenLuther04 What do the villains want?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic I'm concerned my story is a bad allegory in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 1 month ago
What everyone else said. I think switching names and such from the common terminology is cool. That being said, I have the Prince and Followers in one of my own books. But the religion is a backdrop for another theme and not a great part of the plot in and of itself. It depends a lot on your angle and point of your story. The larger a part…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Way too many cliches in one place in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
This is hilarious. And the dramatic fainting… XD
As for renaming my MC in each book, that is a great idea. *nods* I shall have to remember that. Does it work even if the MC is a woman?
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Way too many cliches in one place in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@daeus Yay! 😀
- Load More
