@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
Hello friends! After a short break during which I wrote barely anything and mostly worked on planning the book, I’ve finally started actually writing it! So I have the next short section done, (I haven’t separated anything in chapters yet, so I’m just calling it sections,) and am editing it a bit myself, but would like some beta readers to e…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Camp NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@epicaddie2 @rochellaine What is NaNoWriMo? I’ve heard of it, but I have no clue what it is.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Cool. Out of the old TV shows I’ve seen only Bonanza, Cheyenne, and a little bit of The Virginian. I prefer western movies, though I like other genres of shows. Have you seen any old westerns?
Okay, I would definitely recommend Zane Grey. He is the best western author I’ve ever read. His books are pretty gritty, since they’…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
Guess what???? *drumroll commences* *and stops*
I just saw I Can Only Imagine! In theaters! It was awesome! I loved it! It was so inspiring.Has anyone else seen this? If so, how’d you guys like it?
@catwing @dekreel @dragon-snapper @alia @allison-grace @ariella-newheart @filewriterbase13x @ingridrd @jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okay, you’ve convinced me. I am now editing the newest parts of my western… 😮
Ah, what westerns have you watched? I’ve watched quite a few as well, but I doubt we’ve watched many of the same ones. I prefer the less well known to the classics. 😛
Great! First a couple questions: Do you have a kindle? Do you ever read stuff onl…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes, I’ve always done that too. But it usually takes me a really long time to complete a book, so I was wondering if just writing it straight through would make it go faster so that I’d waste less time trying to make the first draft perfect.
By the way, you commented on my website that you’d never read westerns?! And you who cla…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m trying to decide whether to edit my western as I go or just write, write, write until it’s finished and then go back and edit it. 😛
And I’m trying to get my books available for sale online…and trying to write a poem…and considering possible advertising endeavors. 😀
Right at this moment I am doing nothing but typing this…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Camp NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@epicaddie2 What happens when you create an account on the website? 😀 Sorry for all the questions.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Gotta go to dinner! @jenwriter17 @rochellaine
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I probably will still be here since I have a million things to do. (All writing related.) 😀
…well, maybe not quite a million. But you get the picture – or do you?
Anyway, see you in half an hour!
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Camp NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Nope, it can be something you’ve already been working on!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@Jenwriter17 Yep!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Camp NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@epicaddie2 Okay, but don’t you have to not write anything on your book until the first day of that month? I’ve already written the beginning of my latest WIP.
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Camp NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Here’s the website:Â https://campnanowrimo.org/
The cool thing is that you can set your own goal. My goal is 30,000 words.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Its basically about the art and pictures and music that inspired one of my novels. 😀 It’s a tag.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Hello! What’s the post about?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Camp NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@epicaddie2 That sounds cool. @seekjustice mentioned it to me once, but then I had to leave and I forgot to ask her to explain about it later, so I really don’t know anything about it. I do know about NaNoWriMo, though.
Could you tell me a little more about how it works? 😉 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing He doesn’t have fur… he’s a scaly lil thing… His wings are a scaly-leathery cross. They’re softer than the rest of him. Nope, his tail is not fluffy, it’s kind of spiky. And he’s about the size of an armchair, and his spikes are often poking into things. Also, as you probably know, his wings are fairly small
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I’m working on a blog post. 😀
-
EpicAddie2 started the topic Camp NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hey guys! Is anyone doing Camp NaNoWriMo?
For those of you who don’t know what that is, it’s like NaNoWriMo but it’s in April and you get to set your own goal. It’s pretty cool!
@catwing @daeus @rochellaine @daughteroftheking @seekjustice
- Load More

@warrenluther04 Ah, I had a lot of friends want to or go to that! It sounds really interesting, but I haven’t seen it.
@warrenluther04, oh cool. No, I haven’t. I want to, because I love the song. Actually, I have only heard a short preview on the radio, but it still sounds good.
@jenwriter17 GO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!! It is amazing.
@filewriterbase13x It is cool. 🙂 Catwing’s blog has the preview…or YouTube. 🙂
@warrenluther04 Oh! I just heard of this movie yesterday! On the radio, just like @filewriterbase13x. XD I really want to go see it because MercyMe has some really awesome music. I’m glad to hear it was good!
@warrenluther04. I have never heard of it. What is it about? I love the song “I
Can Only Imagine”. Its one of my favorite songs. And I had a close friend die recently, so now I can’t sing that song without crying. 🙂
@dekreel I heard of the movie two ways: KLOVE (radio station) and Catwing’s blog. It was good! MercyMe has good songs. 🙂
@ariel-ashira It’s about Bart Millard, the lead singer for MercyMe, his backstory, his coming to Christ, his father’s change of heart, and how the song “I Can Only Imagine” came about. It’s quite inspiring. 🙂
How are you…[Read more]
@warrenluther04 I have seen it… And am writing about it on my blog. I liked it.
Strangely I didn’t know Bart Millard wrote it. Or that it was Mercy Me’s… *cough* I don’t know that stuff. But I do like the song. 🙂
@catwing Did you like it? (As soon as I typed that I saw that you typed “I liked it”. *facepaw*)
I didn’t either until I watched the trailer. I like the song too…now I wish that KLOVE played more songs by MercyMe. 🙂
@warrenluther04 Sounds like a neat movie! As for my friend, yes I am doing fine. God used it to really bring some things to my attention. There were other people saved because of his death too. God really used his life, and death, to bring glory to Himself. His parents and siblings are very sad of course, but they believe it was God’s time to…[Read more]