@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah yes, I’ve heard of that sort of thing! Its sounds pretty cool. If I’m only sleeping very lightly I can do that, but not when I’m deeply asleep.
I have had 50+ emails once, but I’d been away for the weekend. However the percentage is still the same. I wake up with ten emails, nine of which are from kp.
But on the days when we…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Hahaha! Except, I’m one of those people who can… “lucid dream” I think Warren Luther called it? If I realize I’m dreaming I can often “write” the dream to go the way I want it to. 😀 But you’re right, the first half of the dream when I didn’t realize I’m dreaming usually has millions of plotholes!
Let it be known that I have ne…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m back!
Ugh, I know! Nightmares are the worst for plotholes! Never base a story on a dream you’ve had 😀
I was considering a “You know you are a KeePeeFer/KeePer/obsessed person” when you wake up in the morning with fifty emails and forty-nine of them are Kingdom Pen notifications.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, I’m back! Are you ready yet?
You know those “you know you’re a writer” things? Well, I just had one happen a couple of hours ago…
I was reading a story where someone was relating a nightmare he had to one of his friends. One of the things in the nightmare was a chicken who ran really fast, and that was supposed to be th…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@skye I’ve got 51 of the original 64 stories. They started going downhill around that so I stopped getting them. It did surprise me when I found out that Carolyn Keene wasn’t one person. However, it is kinda cool seeing which author wrote which book. I found out that all of my least favorite of the series were written by the same person. Most of…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily I don’t outline. In my head I usually have a definite ending, a general beginning, and a few middle parts. Then I let it flow and let the characters drive. There have been a few times where I’ve been stuck as to what happens next. When that does happen, I just write a general time line and see where things are stagnant and try to fix…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Now that was a cool chapter! I really, really enjoyed that one. The way it read felt really smooth to me. I loved it! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’ll probably be done my math by then, so that’ll work out well!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Goodnight!
@seekjustice I’m leaving for about half an hour, then I’ll probably be back for a little while. I really need to get a little more done tonight. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing I love annoying characters! As long as they’re annoying to the other characters, and not to the reader, of course. I think they’re really funny. 🙂
However, I haven’t got much experience at writing any kind of antagonists. My few antagonists that I have invented were pretty boring, in my opinion. 😀 I’m hoping to experiment with some…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m just finishing off some math and then I’ll be writing again.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
My process is very similiar to Sam’s. I do character work and worldbuilding before I start and I use what I refer to as a “20 Step outline” or a “50 Step outline” depending on how long I think the story is going to be. But I do leave a lot of wriggle room and I have a page where I write down random ideas and I sometimes fill in gaps in…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Whoops! Okay, I’ll keep praying then. 😀
That’s great news! I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only barefooted hobbit as well 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing How’s it going? I’ll be here for a little bit.
@seekjustice I’m back. Are you around?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you for checking in, my foot is behaving itself! *stern look at foot* I don’t know when I’ll have to have not-quite-surgery on it, but hopefully not for a while, years possibly. It’s up to factors out of my control, but fortunately God is in control. The other foot is almost completely healed now, and I’m back to running around…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic How should I continue this? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@valtmy Cool! This story is sounding really intriguing! You could create some super dramatic scenes with “Fate” and “Rules”. Maybe you could start to change genres by making the rules of Fate overarc into politics, family relationships and such?
What a fun story. 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily I do outline, although not extremely extensively. I pretty much plan the ending of my story first, work back, plan out all the major plot beats and what’s going to happen in the chapters. If I have an idea for a scene or something of the sort, a piece of dialogue I want in, I mark that down, too, to go somewhere in the narrative.…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Wow, that was bad. 😛 I only got in 175 words!
How did you do?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Sure! It might bring me out of the rut I’m in on my western!
How long? Seven minutes by the timer?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Ha! @sleepwalkingmk just said she also didn’t think Chessy and Justice should be a thing at the end of Stars! 😀 But she’s falling for them faster than I am, and I think we’ll both be shipping them pretty hard by the end of the sequel. 😉 So you’ll have your way after all, I guess. 😛
- Load More
