@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily I have done a few different types of planning for my stories, but I never can plan the ending first like Sam and SeekJustice do! 😀 In a way that’s cool, because I can have the same anticipation that the readers will have in that I don’t know how the story will end. On the other hand, that also means I usually have no idea how to c…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Hi! I’m here. It’s a little earlier than usual, but are you ready to write yet?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Ah! It’s great!! Only I almost wish I hadn’t watched ATOTC 1958 since it’s more fun to read something when it’s all going to be a surprise. 😀 But poor Justice! Why didn’t he get rid of those papers when he had the chance?! 🙁
I really don’t like his cousin at all. He’s annoying in the bad way instead of the good way. 😉 I lik…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, I’m so jealous! But last time I got to read it before you did, so this time I guess it’s your turn. 😉
@seekjustice Oh my goodness! I wish I had seen this before! Now my brother’s birthday party is in progress, so I absolutely have to join in downstairs. (I was going to put a sad emoji here, but I can’t really be sad for my…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
Sorry that I haven’t got around to reading these parts yet. I’ve been having internet trouble and Google docs hasn’t been talking to me, but I finally got my own doc to update (Oh, no! I just realised, I forgot to tag you! Eep! There’s an update on my novel, Skredder, which you should be able to see over on my thread). Hopefully I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
No worries, that’s fine! I love answering questions 😀
I actually just wrote a blog post on this, which you can check out if you like. https://anordinarypen.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/finding-inspiration-for-a-retelling/
I really love writing retellings, I think for the same reason I like reusing and recycling material objects,…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
Thanks so much for your kind words 😀 It really, genuinely means so much to me!
And guess what! I updated the document, there’s three more chapters now 😀 I’m just experimenting, but let me know if you have to request access again. I don’t think you should need to, but I’m still learning the Google Doc…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Hello there! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@juliawrites4christ Thank you! I love creating characters too. It’s fun when they take on a life of their own, even if they get stubborn and decide to change the plot. 😛
-
Skredder replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 @seekjustice Here are parts 4 and 5. They should be read together as close as possible. And I will be out of town for a few days and won’t be able to put anything else up. Hope you enjoy…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you for your prayers! God has given some pretty clear direction, even though its not always been what we would have chosen. 🙂 Please do keep praying.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@skye Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! How old are you? Do you like to draw? So glad your here!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariella-newheart I would love to draw him, but I don’t have time today. Maybe later this week!
-
Ingrid and
pickupyourpenandwrite are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
valtmy replied to the topic How should I continue this? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
Yep that was the plan. That’s why I introduced plot points such as the other members of the imperial family, the history of the empire, the assassin etc. because they will be relevant to the ‘adventure’ part of things.
But not everything was linking up and making sense. That’s why I have been stuck on this story for a long time and I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Sorry! I didn’t see your post since you didn’t tag me, and you might have left by now. But that sounds extremely interesting! 🙂 I love sci-fi, though I prefer more realistic sci-fi than the near-fantasy you have there. But your story does sound pretty cool.
@seekjustice Okay, I’ll go to bed. 😀 😛 See you tomorrow, I hope!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I have to disappear now, but I’ll try to compile a list of my favourite Aussie his-fics for you 🙂
@jess-penrose do you read historical? Do you have any Aussie recommendations for Rochellaine?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose I am attempting to convince myself that I should be working on my Camp NaNo project rather than writing fanfiction for @seekjustice ‘s book. 😀
What’s you Camp NaNo project about?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, if I can give you my favorite public domain books the list will be miles long! 😀 Don’t worry, I’ll keep down to a very few right now. By the way, you didn’t really give me any his-fics yourself? Do you read many? Do you have any recommendations? I do read true history books but enjoy his-fic better. 😉
Oh, you did? Cool!…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Then you’ll be getting 50+ emails from KP 😛
I don’t mind out of print his-fic because I use both Librivox and Gutenberg so I might be able to find some on there.
I also went to the library and got out a book on the Civil War and one on the American Revolution. Sure, I’d love a small list.
<p style=”text-align:…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice No, I can’t do it when I’m deeply asleep either. 🙂
Oh, I see. I haven’t been away yet since joining KP except for one night spent in a hotel with my mom when we traveled north for my Christmas present concert. And even then I brought my computer and I think was able to post two or three posts. I guess I’ll have the real ex…[Read more]
- Load More
