@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
No, the first time she heard it was when I was singing it, but since then I showed it to her.
And whoops, now I’m watching clips from the Little Dorrit tv show. 😛 Yes, the remake. I haven’t listened to or seen the new Beauty and the Beast movie, because I’m not into Disney, but I have heard some of the stage show, which has more…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Haha. 🙂 I thought you had said she had only ever heard you singing the song, so that’s why I said you should show it to her.
Hahaha!! I do that all the time! I haven’t seen the new Cinderella movie, but I watched the clip of the ballroom scene a while back and loved it. Her dress is amazing. (I’m assuming you’re talking about th…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I have shown her the whole of that song, but she’s super stubborn and is always convinced she won’t like something until she actually does (it’s happened with all her favourite musicals, Newsies, Anastasia, Les Mis, ATOTC etc). She’s twelve (I think). My brothers are fifteen, nine and four.
It was coming along better until I started…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice You know, you really should show your sister the whole song. (What a Comforting Thing to Know.) By the way, how old is she? I only know that one of your brothers is nine. 😉
How’s your Pinterest board coming along? I really have no idea how those things work. 😛 I don’t have an account there, and only go on once in a while when…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I skipped all the dialogue on that track and I’m now listening to the song 🙁
Ah yes, I thought so 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice I’m just finished Tell Him Anything…and I just about cried when I heard her burst into “Don’t let him know – ”
Yes! 😀 Bill and Patty = best fictional couple ever. “Sylvester – Sylvester!” is from those books, but before Patty meets Bill. They’re also the window scene books. 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Yes, its really nice! I’m twenty seconds into Position and Positioning now.
She’s only heard What a comforting Thing To Know and I think it makes her laugh but she really has no idea. 😀 I was singing it the other day (because once its in your head its not coming out any time soon) and she had no idea what I was going on…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Well, I skipped the first half to catch up with you, so now I’m listening to He/She Danced With Me. I think that one has the most lovely music of all the songs from this musical. What a Comforting Thing to Know is the funniest, of course, and Tell Him Anything his heartbreaking, but the He Danced With Me is just beautiful. Do yo…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Yep, I’m up to “A Bride Finding Ball”. I love No Honest Way and it drives my sister crazy! in fact, I just like every time Sydney and John Barsad interact with each other.
I haven’t read a book all month…except some poetry on the first of April and bits of A Tale of Two Cities to refresh my memory. I can’t write and read unfortunately. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Slipper and the Rose listen through? Cool! Let’s do it together. 🙂
I’ve listened to a bit more of the Tale of Two Cities soundtrack. I just finished Resurrection Man. My favorite so far is probably No Honest Way, for some undetermined reason… 😛
Not so great. 😀 My eyes are attempting to close, my brain is telling me to writ…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I am now! I’m not writing because…well…I’m done for now, but I am making a Pinterest board for my third novel. I’ve also been rereading my old novel notes and some of them are hilarious. Plus, I’m planning to do a full Slipper and the Rose listen through.
How’s things?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Are you around? I’m writing…sort of…trying to…pretending to…wishing it were as easy as it sounds…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira SeekJustice said yesterday that I didn’t have to kill my characters. So there. 😛 Haha, you’re right, I probably should kill a character some time. Just let me work up to it, okay?
As for sidekicks…it’s impossible to tell when a sidekick will appear. Mine appeared quite naturally out of thin air during a conversation with Dekr…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Once and for all I am not heartless and neither are you! Even God kills people when it will glorify him most, and he loves his creation even more than we love our characters! Its the same way when we kill our characters.
Howcome I don’t get a sidekick like Stan or Bobert or Evie?
-
Alia posted an update 8 years, 5 months ago
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YbMjh7XZezqkHRvlRP9khoomBNQdlZewkADTubmvzzY/edit?usp=sharing
@rochellaine, @ariel-ashira, @seekjustice, here’s the poem. I don’t go into very much, but it is a start
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk @rochellaine I like Sobbin Women a lot. Its especially funny after researching Roman stuff. 😀 I like Wonderful Day a lot too. All thier songs are good though. They have amazing voices!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, depends on what I mean by the word early. Early morning? or early for you? in this case its both
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Are you still on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia If you call 1:30 a.m. early… 😉
@ariel-ashira I think my favorite song from SBfSB would have to be Bless Yore Beautiful Hide. However, close behind it are Wonderful, Wonderful Day and Sobbin’ Women. 😛 Don’t Howard Keel and Jane Powell have amazing singing voices?
*puts hands over ears* No, no, no! Don’t make me kill my cha…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Oh my…umm, I like Millie and Adam and Gideon a lot. So many of them are funny though! What is your favorite song? @sleepwalkingmk you too
Really, Rochellaine, killing characters is hard, but it can be good.
- Load More

@alia Thats is beautiful! Its also..sad? What home are you refering to?
Its the one I had in China. The parks reference my apartment complex.
It was supposed to be light-hearted, but as it progressed I couldn’t keep it that way
@alia I’m sorry.