@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Alia posted an update 8 years, 5 months ago
AHEM! I HAVE REACHED CHAPTER 6 IN DECISIONS
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, naughty books for causing us so much trouble.
Well, one was an apology post for not posting in almost a month and the other one was the actual post.
and the other ones were just short introductions
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Unfortunately, no. I am not having an easier time. 🙁 My novel and short stories have not progressed more than a few inches down the page over the past few days. I have great plans for them, however… 😛
By the way, how is it even possible to write two blog posts and start three more in a day?! I feel happy if I figure out how to wri…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, for me, all of the songs are right up there, but those two are just barely higher on the scale.
My writing…is going to drive me insane. I meant to write 3 chapters this week, but didn’t get to write at all until today. But I did write two blog posts and start three more, so I haven’t been completely hopeless in my writing. How…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia The barn raising scene is amazing, of course! It’s really funny, especially the expressions on the brothers’ faces, but the acrobatics are so cool! For lyrical songs I actually like the more upbeat ones, because they’re funnier. 😉 Sobbin’ Women, Bless Yore Beautiful Hide, and Goin’ Courtin are probably my favorites, but I do like Wo…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, Yes, yes we do
Well, my favorite is actually instrumental because I love the scene. It’s the barn raising scene. But I guess my favorite lyrical one is either Spring, Spring, Spring or the Lament. What about you?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, apparently she likes Edelweiss, but nothing else. She says they’re boring. The reason, I believe, is that she likes songs from which she can tell the plot as they’re singing. Songs like in opera, where the people sing, “We must go and kill the king,” instead of, “isn’t it fun to always sing.” 😛
I like songs that you can si…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, YOU’VE NEVER SEEN SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS???
I shall be off and on for probably the next hour or two
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, she doesn’t like the Sound of Music songs. 😮 So she has a different type of musical taste than I do. 🙂 I don’t like Annie Get Your Gun because the story is so inaccurate compared to the real Annie Oakley…but I’m actually a hypocrite, since I like a different Annie Oakley movie which is also historically inaccurate. I l…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Haha. 😀
Oh, too bad. Or, too bad for the characters. Not too bad for you. 😉
My characters aren’t really doing much of anything right now, since I’ve not been doing as much writing over the past few days. I have the next part planned out and am trying to get to it, but I haven’t been working very hard. 😛
Been listening to an…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 It went pretty well. I got to talk to several people. I’ve looked up expectations for book signings online and I think I did well according to the estimates I’ve seen. I only sold three books, but apparently book signings are not about selling books but about getting your name out, and I think I did that. 😉
Still plodding sl…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes! I’m finally here, back from my book signing. 😀
Hello. How’s it going?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
welp, I’m signing off
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, I might be.
@ariel-ashira @seekjustice @rochellaine @skredder, any of y’all writing?
-
Alia replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey y’all. I have two characters. Mitch and Joy.
Mitch: 15, tall, light brown hair (crew cut), always thinking green eyes, a half smile or smirk, rather tanned, brown t-shirt, jeans, combat boots. He is probably planning a prank on his sister or their teacher, since that is what he is always doing.
Joy: 9, dark brown hair that reaches her chin…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira @seekjustice @rochellaine @skredder @jenwriter17
anyone on?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice I also live in Ohio, so if you have any questions having to do with the best—er, our state, please tag me! 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic WANTED: Alpha Readers!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Thank you so much!
-
Skredder replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
- Load More

Congratulations!!! But…I’m terribly sorry; I didn’t know that was a particular milestone? Did I miss something? 🙂
Or are you just excited because you got a lot done?
Just really excited. I have been stuck on chapter 5 for quite a while. And, hopefully, I am just a few chapters away from being halfway
Well then, congratulations again! I often forget to separate chapters while I write, but I do the same thing with word counts and scenes. So, hooray! I’m glad you are excited. Without excitement it’s really hard to write anything… 😉 (Who’s speaking from experience? Me? Nah…um…yeah… 😛 )
Of course you aren’t 🙂
@alia Awesomeness! We have to celebrate all our accomplishments 😉