@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Of course I’ll be praying!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you feel you should explain to your mom why she walked in on you downloading pictures of strangers off the internet. “He looks like my character. It’s for a collage… thing… it isn’t weird…”
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I’ll pray for you guys. <3
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Oh my! I will keep her and your family in my prayers.
-
Alia replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I have a request
one of my younger sisters has a rare form of dwarfism. In fact, she is one in six known cases. When God called my family to CO it was a gift because one of the doctors at the children’s hospital specializes in the type of dwarfism that my sister’s is a branch off of. Anyway, H is nine years old and loves playing sports and riding…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Poetry in general in the forum Poetry 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 *blushes* Goodness! Thank you. 🙂
@gh24682468999 I write structured poetry. Daeus did too, but he’s not here anymore. (He’s one of those traitors that snuck off to join the enemy at Story Embers. 😛 ) I’m horrible at giving advice, but I would guess reading a lot of good poetry would help. I write mostly comic poems, so I don’…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Poetry in general in the forum Poetry 8 years, 4 months ago
@kaya-young I like writing lots of different styles and rhyme patterns and rhythm patterns. I don’t know what blackout poetry is. One of my favorite poems is called The Destruction of Sennacherib by Byron. Thats the first one that comes to mind. Here, I’ll post it for you.
The Destruction of Sennacherib
BYÂ LORD BYRON (GEORGE GORD…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I enjoy it, mostly because I often manage to find character pictures on it :D. But I get so distracted as well. (Whoops)
And yep, I understand all those random first sentences that you scribble down and find randomly? They’d make great prompts though.
*breaths a sigh of relief* I’ll practise, I promise. and it would be super cool…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I never understand pinterest. 😀 I look at stuff on it once in a while, but not often.
I edit, and edit, and edit, too. 😛 But I do it with everything. All those little “first chapter” bits that I write when I have an idea, but not the time to complete it? I go through them all and edit once in a while, whenever I am looking fo…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I don’t know…Personally, I love Pinterest even though its…super distracting!
Editing takes me forever. When I’m doing a first draft, I literally just write, I don’t edit at all, so it takes only a few weeks. But editing…I agonise over every single word. Everything has to be better. I become obsessed and spiral into madness.…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Is it strange that I don’t have a pinterest account? 😉
Haha, well, that’s the way I feel with my western. I was wondering if maybe we’re opposites when it comes to writing and editing? It takes me forever to write even a little, but I can edit pretty quickly, (as you might remember from the time I rewrote that passage of the w…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Exactly right. Now I’m looking at Jen’s pinterest and choking on laughter 😀
It’s coming along well. (Translation of that being: I’ve edited 3,000 out of 103,000 words. Yeah, hopefully you’ll be able to read it before you’re…too old.)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Yup, yup! That’s what happens. You go on vacation, then you need a vacation from the vacation! 🙂
How is Stars coming along? Is it nearly done? (Translation: Will I get to read it again soon?)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, at least your working on something. 😀
It was really good, I liked it a lot. But I’m still exhausted!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice And I’m working on, guess what? My western! 😛 Of course.
Did you have fun at camp?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, I’m editing Stars then. I’ve definitely been doing that all afternoon 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, I wish I could. 😛 But I’m afraid that doesn’t really count. Unless…are you thinking deeply over them in order to get ideas for how to improve your writing? 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Hey, yes! I am…at least…if you count watching silly YouTube videos as actually working.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I’m in bed, but I’m also starving, so if I convince myself to get up and find a midnight snack, I’ll be up for a while, and if not, I’ll fall asleep on you, but anyway, Hi! Are you here now?
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Yes! A book club sounds awesome!
Also I followed you a few days ago on Pinterest when I was scrolling through the people who follow SE and was trying to find people I knew from KP. 😁
- Load More
