@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Kaya Young posted an update 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17
You know how you were talking about a book club? I’ve been reading Little Women the past few days, and thought it could be a neat one to do a book club for, and we could compare and contrast it to Anne of Green Gables. Anyway, that’s just a thought- I’m up to whatever you want to do. 🙂 -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@leumeister Oh, and I think the site sometimes deletes really long posts, and especially if someone tries to edit them. I tried to edit a word on that post because I wanted to correct the grammar, and then it got deleted. It’s happened a few times before to me and other people as well, and editing posts seems to be the most frequent cause.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@leumeister I think my opinion shouldn’t count for much in this case, since I’m not an animation fan anyway. 😛 I much prefer live-action. And I’ve been thinking about exactly what kinds I like and don’t like and am having a hard time explaining even to myself so I’m not sure I could tell you specifically what it is I like or don’t like about d…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Keep ranting, I like it. Yeah, even if they played up parts like that, or added more scenes to the same plotline, it would have been a lot more realistic and interesting. I mean, she almost died several times!
Its kind of like the new Ben-Hur movie that came out recently. Its nothing like the book, and its so unrealistic I could scream!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira I can only assume they were looking for more modern and exciting plots, but even that doesn’t make sense because they invented so many exciting stories for different episodes but there was plenty of material in the books to make for excitement. There’s the scene where Almanzo and Cap go for the wheat, which is really cool, and…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I have not seen pilot episode, or whatever you called it. 😀 How terrible! Why oh why can’t they make it true to the books?! Your rant was pretty awesome.
BTW, I have not seen a lot of the things you all talk about, like Les Mis.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira I actually don’t mind season one or two as much. In those seasons they don’t really follow the books except for a couple of episodes, but at least they still have reasonable time period stuff, like they don’t use modern slang and the other things are pretty good for historical accuracy. However, as the show progresses it gets w…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice I have only seen season one of Little House on the Prairie (which they don’t actually set on the prairie) and I agree it is awful. The other seasons sound even worse! Mud fight? Ugly blond hair? Yikes! In the books (which are awesome,and nothing like the movies) its not creepy or weird when she marries Alma…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I shamefully admit that I’ve spent the last half hour reading the summaries on Wikipedia. It’s rather….dramatic. Oh yes, of course I’ve read the books. I love (most) of the books!
I can understand that it is considerably creepy/weird for Almanzo to be that much older than Laura. Couldn’t they have just made him younger than he was…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Hey, I’m back for just a short bit. I might actually disappear after this post. But how could I resist returning when you gave me permission to go on a semi-rant on one of my favorite ranting subjects? 😛
So, a few of the historical inaccuracies. To start with, I’ll just say that after the first two seasons they basically made no…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
Hm, that’s weird. My post disappeared.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Haha, that’s basically the premise every sci-fi/action movie is based on, isn’t it? “And then…this innocent thing here explodes!” “Haha! Great plot twist…..why?” “Because, everything must explode. this is an action movie and we need material for the three hundred trailers we’ll put up on YouTube”.
I think I’ve seen the first…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice That reminds me of a line from Stargate SG-1 where they’re talking about making a sci-fi tv show, but the whole episode is a joke and parody of all sci-fi tv shows, and while they’re reading the script the stoic alien guy, Teal’c, says “I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.” 😛 (The guy writing…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Of course, do you seriously expect me to listen to anything else?
Me?? Keep her up too late. *snorts*. I feel like her mother sometimes, always telling her to go to bed 😛
(please @rochellaine don’t take me too seriously! I would be very sad if you started going to bed earlier!)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, I do like the Flash soundtrack, but just the music, not the miscellaneous grunts and explosions and everything else that goes along with a superhero show.
I would have thought Little House on the Prairie was right up your alley. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Hm, but I thought you said that The Flash soundtrack was really good to write by? 😛 No, that makes sense. When my little sister watches Little House on the Prairie (a show I very nearly hate, by the way) nearby the sounds are often very distracting.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The Beast is Back! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 4 months ago
*pulls down glasses* *looks down nose*
By royal decree, you are forgiven. Just make sure you do not chase a squirrel into Story Embers, all right?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Ah, you’re a multitasker like me 😀 (I already knew that though). Well, I just have Les Mis going to help drown out the sounds of superhero tv shows coming from my small brothers 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I am on at the moment. I am dreaming of blogging, I am helping you edit, and I am wishing I had hot chocolate…and I considered listening to Les Miserables but ruled that out in favor of better focus. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira @kaya-young @alia
Anyone on at the moment? I’m blogging and editing (and drinking hot chocolate and listening to les Mis. What can I say? I multitask)
- Load More

@kaya-young oh yeah! I kinda forgot about that 😛 well, we talked about reading the same genre instead of the same book, cuz it seemed easier so that people wouldn’t have to buy more books for it. what do you think?
Yeah, that sounds good!
@kaya-young alrighty then! i think i’ll go ahead and make a topic 😉