@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira i loved the Black Stallion years ago. My favourite horse book will always be War Horse though.
Ooh, ooh what song is it??
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira I don’t dislike them, I just like other books better. I do remember I liked the first one when I read it, but that was probably eight or ten years ago and I can barely remember it now.
@seekjustice I’ve been listening to all the versions I can find of a song that reminds me very strongly of your Stars books and especially Justice.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Do you not like the Black Stallion books?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Yes, you should definitely read Hans Brinker!!! It’s such an amazing book!!
I’ve only read the first Black Stallion book, so I don’t know to what you’re referring. 🙁 If you want to clarify I’m probably not ever going to read the rest of the series so I don’t mind spoilers. 😉
My grandmother had the same problem when she had a r…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic So what's next for the forums? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Personally, I decided to hang around here because I don’t have enough time for two forums (though I do have an account on SE) and because the people who I’ve become especially close to are still here (*cough* @alia @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira ). I’m sad that everyone else has gone, but I felt I had to choose…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah, movies tend to use the rarest cures possible. 🙂 I have not read Hans Brinker. Now that you mentioned it, I will have to read it. 😀 My favorite amnesia story is The Black Stallion Revolts. And the way Alec gets his memory back is terrific! Its one of my favorite stories.
I had the tiniest bit of amnesia when I had my thi…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Ah, I had that problem about a month ago when I had to use a different computer from mine. 🙁 I ended up writing a little bit on a google doc and then giving up. 😛
Well, I know at least that the cliche thing that happens in half of the amnesia fiction stories where the person gets hit on the head again in the same place and it…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I am coming along well, I guess. I am still in the researching, outlining part of several stories and I am not actually writing them yet. Part of why I cannot write them yet is because this crazy laptop we have to use right now doesn’t even have Word Documents!
How much do you know about amnesia? (It is a lot of fun. Shh…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira I like amnesia. I’m not so fond of third degree burns. 😛 I was going to give Chara some, but I didn’t want her to get scarred, so I just gave her some painful, but not long-lasting second degree burns. 🙂 It was a selfish reason, though. Having her be scarred would be too much trouble to write about and I wanted her to heal qui…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I am researching amnesia and level three burns. Sometimes when I think about what I have to do to my characters, I wonder how much I really want to be a writer.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira I’m still here. What are you working on?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I am on! Are you still?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I’m working on some stuff with my parents books. Is anyone on? @seekjustice @ariel-ashira @alia @jenwriter17
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@dekreel Katie would rather be rescued, although she would be realy embarrassed and probably choose not to climb anything for a while anyway. But, it’s going to be essential to the plot for her to be able to climb, so hehe *turns to Katie* Sorry about that, dear.
@jenwriter17 Katie would choose the parachute. She would have no idea how to fly a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic So what's next for the forums? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Haha, glad I could clear it up! 😛 Oh, and I noticed in your post you were saying you thought we were trying to “prove our loyalty to KP” by “competing with SE”. Actually we’re not at all trying to compete with SE. The whole thing is about the people who left without a second glance and have completely deserted KP for SE. Sev…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic So what's next for the forums? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’m just popping in here to let you know that this whole “we don’t like SE” and “going to war” business is just a joke. It seems like you might be wondering if we’re serious, but we’re just having a play sort of like the KP fanfiction. Personally, the reason I’m not on SE is because I don’t have time, and it’s easier just to s…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic So what's next for the forums? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy You have a lot of great points!
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic So what's next for the forums? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@northerner We have not vanished, we will not leave!
“What’s even left of the Kingdom?”, is the innocent cry, but much is left in our hearts and our minds, and though we be but few we are strong- and we shall fight for our Kingdom. Yes, fight for the Kingdom though most have left, fight fiercely with our knitting needles and golden retriever, f…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@leumeister I’ve researched a lot of the really old hand-drawn animation, including watching short documentaries on the making of Snow White and the Gene Kelly/Jerry Mouse dance sequence which I found very interesting. I also have researched a little bit about special effects used in movies in the 40s-70s. I don’t know much about the newer s…[Read more]
-
Alia posted an update 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @skredder @seekjustice @jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira @dekreel @daughteroftheking @catwing @clairec @kaya-young
Hey all. I’m not exactly going on hiatus, but I am not going to be as active for a while. I have some personal things I need to work through, so if you want me back soon be praying that I work through them soon. If you don’t…[Read more]
- Load More

@alia I will pray you work through them soon so you can be here more! I understand about being sidetracked when you are writing. That is why I do my research when I am talking with you guys because it is more easy to break up. Can I still tag you on more important things?
@ariel-ashira, I’ll still be on a little bit so feel free to keep tagging me. I just won’t always be answer
Okay. I will miss you all the same.
@alia I bade thee farewell!
@alia well I’ll definitely be praying that you work things out 😉 I hope your semi-hiatus will go well *hugs* <3
I understand. I’ll be praying for you! *offers you raspberries*
Enjoy your hiatus. Praying that you come back rested. ;3