@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I’ve read it. It’s interesting so far and now I’m curious as to how much trouble she’s going to get in just because of that broken sandal. But, yes, @seekjustice is right. Bathshua is a mouthful to say. 😛
But considering my MC’s own name… 😅 I have no problems pronouncing it myself of course but others less familiar with Korean w…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
😀 I’ve been in similar situation before 😛 cultural differences, I suppose. That particular word is used a lot in Australia but I’d definitely get into trouble if I said it in my house, or in church. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I won’t pretend to like the name Bathshua either, but I don’t really know any Bible names, except for the obvious ones like Phoebe, Priscilla, etc. But they’re Greek names, and Bathshua sounds Hebrew, so I can’t really suggest anything.
Ah, okay. I thought that might have been him, since you mentioned him. It was pretty funny, and I…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Oops sorry! I didn’t know that. Where I’m from that word is considered pretty tame so it is used sometimes even when people share their testimonies (“I went from one **** situation to another…”). 😅
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Sure, you can read it. I’ll give you the link to the opening, which is what I showed SeekJustice. It’s purely unedited, and I don’t want comments right now, other than stuff like “that sounds interesting” or “that’s a kinda weird idea.” 😛 An…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Poor…what’s her name?? You obviously need to practise more authorial cruelty.
Yep, that one.
That’s so cool 😀 I’d love a pen like that! I’ve made some mini cranes before and they’re extremely cute 😛
I’m listening to Gee Officer Krupke now. Which one is Russ Tumblyn?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Hi! I’m falling asleep, so I probably won’t be on much longer. Terrible for my poor heroine, though, since she’s stuck in a horrible situation, and since I’m not used to writing horrible situations I can’t get her out of it… 😮 😛
Ah yes, I remember. The musical that’s in German.
I have a pen from China with an origami crane on…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Uh yeah I don’t think I read that. Can I? 😛
Yes, my MC is a stupid and annoying little shit. Especially as a child (she’s a grown woman now). She’s also a snob though and incredibly jaded and concerned with survival now so I don’t know how much help she would actually give your MC (I have punished my MC terribly).
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Sorry, that took longer than I was expecting. I’m back now. 😀
The musical is Schikaneder, which is the one I mentioned about The Magic Flute, I think it was you I mentioned it too 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I’m talking about Bathshua from Daughter of Judas, so she’s nearly the same age as your MC, perhaps a little older, but I think she would definitely look down on your character as stupid and annoying. 😛 However, right now she’s in a tough place where she’d be thankful for any kindness, and your c…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I don’t know. You have read a little of mine already, haven’t you? So you know my MC isn’t the most sympathetic person around. A lot of my MC’s suffering is very much her own fault so your MC may not really empathise. Not that I know much about your MC. You are not speaking of Chara right but another story?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy My MC is in a pit of despair as well. 🙁 Guess they can be in a pit of despair together. Do you think they would commiserate well?
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
My MC is still wading through her pit of despair…
Until, ahem, a certain someone comes along… 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Hey, how’s it going?
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Yep.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Alia replied to the topic So Long, Farewell (sort of) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy
aw, just when I was starting to get to know you.come check up on us every now and then! And I hope your job goes well
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Ah, that’s probably what it is.
Hey though, my favourite musical at the moment is a romantic comedy. 😛
Its at least half an hour into town and we haven’t left yet so it’ll probably be an hour or so.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Cool, let me know if you do. 😀 Oh, you’ve probably heard of Russ Tamblyn because he plays the absolutely adorable youngest brother, Gideon, in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, which is the movie nearly everyone here has seen but you, and everyone loves to talk about, but which you probably wouldn’t like because no one dies in it.…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Your way sounds far more effective than my cringing-over-each-word-I-type. 😛
Hey. See you later.
- Load More
