@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Warning: Rant ahead. 😛
I get so annoyed when people put up those memes like the ones about Snow White and Sleeping Beauty, like “finds dead body in the woods; Kisses it.” I mean, it’s like those people forgot the whole plot of the movie! Both of those princes had already met and fallen in love with the girls, and the girls as w…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
They just say thing like princesses hold up beauty as the absolute virtue of a woman, promote that you can only be happy if a man loves you, reinforce gender stereotypes and unrealistic body images. etcetera, etcetera.
I was just curious because I didn’t grow up watching Disney movies, so I can’t really have an opinion on whether they’re…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Great! How’s poor Bathshua now? Is she still miserable?
Yes, I’m a fan of Disney. Not as much as I once was but I still like many of the classics. So what is the conclusion? 😛
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, I watch Disney. What does the thing you’re reading say about why it might be bad?
thanks, I might actually cry since I never actually do. All I have to do is think about Jonas, Waif, Rain, Sapphire…*grabs box of tissues*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Well, I should be researching the French Revolution, but instead I’m sick in bed reading about whether or not Disney princesses are bad for girls. Are any of you guys watchers of Disney?
@rochellaine WHOOOHOOOO
@alia Very good 😛 That’ll make you cry all the more!
@catwing how’s your editing?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, I’m pretty sure its the Buell theatre in CO.
@seekjustice, its a almost year late birthday present that I have tried really hard not to be impatient for. But now thanks to you I’m going to be thinking about Jonas…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I am extremely proud of myself. Today, (so far,) I wrote 1236 words with one hand!! 😛 Daughter of Judas is growing despite all the vain efforts of that villain, Poison Ivy! 😛 😛
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing, sounds interesting. My sister has access to one of my books and her comments go past my last written page.
I’m trying to write Decisions, because its been over a week since the last time I wrote in it.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia So exciting! 😀 😀 😀 I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, Where are you seeing it?
@catwing Goats?! You got goats?!!! Those absolutely wonderful, amazingly adorable, and perfectly terrific creatures? They’re my favorite animals! We had pygmies for a long time and their babies were the cutest, most adorable things ever!! (whoops! I used “adora…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing, so what are you doing?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing, looks fantastic.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
anyone here?
@catwing, you changed your picture!
@rochellaine, @seekjustice, I thought I was going to see Les Mis in about 4 weeks, BUT I’M GOING THIS WEEKEND
-
valtmy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey sorry for not seeing this until now but I’m praying for you and your friend’s family.
My situation is not the same as yours but I recently had a major depressive episode myself so I kind of know how you feel. I have been feeling as though I am unable to handle anything; my work, my writing, my relationships with other people. I just…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
All right. Bye! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
No, I didn’t think so 😀 I’ve actually read a bit about the real strike, but not much. And they definitely are good dancers 🙂 Goodnight!
@valtmy And I guess I wouldn’t want to be one of my characters either!
I think I should probably go and do something with my day 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Not by a long shot!!!! 😛 I was just using that as an example. Actually the most noticeable inaccuracy is that the real newsboys’ average age was probably around ten or twelve, so the sixteen- to twenty-year-old guys seem quite strange.
…but they’re good dancers! 😛
@valtmy Actually, since yours is a parody in the first place, I…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Haha. Don’t worry. It’s not just the parents. I don’t think any of my characters enjoy being written by me. 😅
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I would not enjoy being a parent in your book 🙁 🙁 🙁
- Load More
