@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing I don’t know if Snow White was love at first sight, like at first sight, or flirtation at first sight. It could have been any of the above. 😛 But they did like each other very much, and she sent a dove to give him a kiss, so I don’t think it too weird that he kissed her to wake her up later.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, exactly!
@catwing, his face just always creeped me out. and how he treated Wendy always made me upset.
Alright y’all, I have to go now. talk to y’all later
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I count “first sight” as first conversation or so. You can tell millions about a person’s personality from the way they dress, stand, and walk, and you can tell some about their beliefs and morals from the location you find them.
…honestly, if a guy came up to me and sang me a song like Phillip and Florian did, I’d have a pretty…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I don’t see Mulan as a female empowerment film, though certainly people like to claim it as such, rather I see it as a story about love that is so strong you would sacrifice your life for it. In the film, she goes to war for her father, in the original story/history its for her little brother, and I know, or at least would like to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I messed up your tag in my above message!
@alia Me too, I’ve tried explaining that before. I think two examples of Disney characters who actually do have it would be Quasimodo and Rapunzel, but definitely not Belle.
And again, me too! I have only a general idea of Ancient China, but I still know its pretty…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I dislike Disney because most of their films revolve around magic, showing magic on the “good side” and getting kids to believe there is such a thing as good magic. For that reason, Snow White is my favorite Disney princess film, because it shows magic as completely evil, and none on the good side.
As for Mulan, I usually run,…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing, I think Aurora was, once she got over her fright. I’m pretty sure it was on Phillip’s side though.
Mulan: no, Snow White: can’t remember (my least favorite Disney princess movie)
can’t think of any others
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, @catwing, honestly, before I even knew the original story of Peter Pan, the Disney Peter always freaked me out, and once I found out the real story I took it as proof that my fear was justified
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, I get so tired explaining that Belle didn’t have Stockholm Syndrome. But people don’t want to acknowledge it. Honestly Belle is my favorite Disney princess because I relate so much to her.
I love Mulan, but my family makes so many jokes while watching it because it is not culturally correct at all.
@rochellaine, I have a hard…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I’m not a Peter Pan fan by any means, but yes, I always thought stories about The Green Knight and the Swan Knight were very cool!
I know. it probably comes from a lack of wholesome Disney films.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia I think people nowadays (including myself) are too worried about finding the “perfect” match to ever be willing to chance love at first sight. I think it used to happen a lot more than it does now, because people were willing to take risks and know they could love each other in spite of faults, rather than needing someone without faults…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaie
Well, I’m not against Disney, I believe half the claims against them are just a bit weak and exaggerated. I do know that I’ve never liked them, but I also know that I was homeschooled and thus grew up away from the pressure of what other girls liked and at a very young age I knew what I liked and I was rather rebellious (Against soc…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing, Mulan has always been a family favorite in my house. Probably because it was loosely Chinese. (the girls all wear Japanese clothing) (the customs were Korean/Mongolian/Chinese)
@seekjustice, whenever I watched Disney I usually enjoyed the fighting and hilarious mix ups. I personally liked the Disney Robin Hood (with animals) and…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Copy @alia‘s answer, and add that Cinderella’s figure and face indicate that she is at least eighteen years old, a legal adult, and while that may not be moral grounds for disobedience, it is legal. Then, you also have the fact that Lady Tremain never adopted Cinderella (probably not legally, and certainly not into her heart,) and…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
So there’s a positive thing regarding Cinderella! (Whereas, I probably wanted to cut off someone’s head if I had to do a chore I didn’t like. 😛 )
Ah, I’ve never liked Tinkerbell, simply because I was an Enlightened Child who’d read Peter Pan and knew exactly what a….horrible person Tinker bell was. And, as already stated, I scorned…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I admit to being the tomboy who scorned Disney movies and read about real princesses and queens when I was little (and still do, to be honest!). And yes, I definitely agree that ALL movies, at least that I’ve seen, promote unrealistic body images and I don’t think Disney is better or worse in that regard.
Okay, its been a long time since…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, Cinderella had permission if she cleaned the house and had a decent outfit. She couldn’t go to the ball in the end because her step-sisters ruined her dress. According to the Disney version
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, for the beauty/gender/bod image stereotypes I think that its the same things we see in regular movies with the perfect actors and actresses. As for beauty being the main virtue, I’m pretty sure Cinderella is about kindness and forgiveness. And Mulan, she could have cared less if Shan ever came back to ask her father for permission to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I do find it very difficult to believe in true love at first sight though. 😛 I can’t even keep up a conversation of small talk with someone I’ve only met once 😀
I do have a serious question for you: How is Cinderella purposefully disobeying her stepmother’s explicit order that she is not to go the ball different to Rapunzel…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
The opinions are quite divided 😀
- Load More
