@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy That’s what happened to my western, unfortunately. 🙁 I definitely haven’t quit it, but I had to take a break because I wasn’t getting anywhere with it.
Ok, I went back and replied to your age question. I didn’t see what other questions you had asked, though. What were they?
@seekjustice Are you back from church yet? What do you thi…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy I’m glad your writing is going well!! 😀 😀
(I’m not trying to imply that I’m glad you keep disappearing, by the way… XD)
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine I’m pretty sure I’m on the second draft. Why?
Good! I’m glad! So now I know I DON’T want poison ivy. XD
A jackalope is like a giant rabbit with antlers. Look up pictures. 😉
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Haha. I have phases where I fall in love and out of love with my own projects. I’ve been rereading what I’ve written so far for my WIP to encourage myself to push forward. 😛
Oh by the way, there are some questions I asked you in response to your comments in my doc. Some of them are still bothering me especially the one with regard…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Thank you so much! That’s very helpful. 😀
Have you convinced yourself to start working on your own project yet? 😛 You said you were having trouble with that.
@dekreel Aw, Kai. 😀 Hey, are you reading the first draft or the second draft? (This is a VERY important question.) 😛 You’ll find out who he is soon enough. He’s not my…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing I like blog posts with art in them (like your comic) and life posts in general. Like the kind of stuff Ethryndal does (if you’ve ever read her blog).
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine Hey hey! That’s fine. 😉 I’m at the part where Chessy is talking to Kai.
I’m very curious about this “boy…” *smirks* How’s your poison ivy doing, by the way? Any better?
Random-ish question: Would you disbelief a jackalope?
@catwing Hullo! Good to see ya! How are you doing?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing I wonder. 😛 Since it was apparently “obvious” at the time the Bible was written, it must have been later that the change took place. The Pharisees and Sadducees did make up some pretty ridiculous rules, didn’t they?
Well, since that’s in the Bible, I know that. 😉 For holidays, my dad’s relatives start the holiday at sundown, but si…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
OK I’ve put in my suggestions in the doc.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@dekreel Hey-hello-how-do-you-do-how-nice-to-see-you! 😛 Sorry for falling asleep on you last night. 😉 But I’m awake now! It’s only 10:20.
@seekjustice Don’t worry, Dekreel will soon know who that “boy” is. 😛
What part are you on now, Dekreel?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy @catwing @rochellaine @seekjustice @whoever
Oy! I’m beta-reading again!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing Continuing our earlier conversation, I didn’t realize that was the kind of prayer shawls you were talking about. 😛 I thought you were talking about men’s prayer shawls, like in Fiddler on the Roof. So do you mean that the women wore different prayer shawls from their everyday head coverings, (or veils, as I called it in my story,) w…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I didn’t say you didn’t give enough info. I understood the “going to be late” thing was something that the reader doesn’t need to know now. It’s just jarring that this guy doesn’t know who Bathshua is but this other guy with him somehow does so I think an explanation is needed for that.
Sure I’ll be happy to take a look at your…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Thanks, I’ll take a look. 🙂
Well, I have one more thing. You asked about what was going on with the guys, and said I didn’t give enough info. I had written a parallel scene from the guys’ perspective, but just set it aside because I really, really want to have only Bathshua’s POV in this. However, if you like you could take a look at…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey. Just trying to get the motivation to start 😛
I’ve replied to your replies to my comments in your doc. Are there any other questions you want to ask me?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Hey! How’s it going?
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine @catwing @dekreel
I’m here now.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing My father was born a Muslim, and became a Christian in college. I have lived in a mixture of Middle Eastern and Western cultures since I was born, learning to change my behavior depending on which side of the family I was visiting. So I am drawing off my own experience and my study of the Bible for most of the cultural worldbuilding I a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice @dekreel Sorry for disappearing. As you surmised, I did fall asleep. 😛
@catwing Thank you so much for your comments!! They are helping me figure out the setting and style better. I have a LOT of research I need to do before this will be finished. Thankfully, I do enjoy research. 😀
Are you here now?
- Load More
