@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, what is it about?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia Yep!
-
Alia replied to the topic Blog Buttons in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17, I think I’m on canva. I’ll try that.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, you were fairly close. She is in her late fifties to early sixties. A mother of five children, three died before the age of ten and the younger two were essentially kidnapped by the priests. She is clever, uses things to her advantage.
I have a character but the name isn’t set yet. She is for Decisions, a fairly major character with…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Maybe cliché isn’t the right word, maybe archetype describes it better. Usually in terms of your characters, they fit quite neatly into the prearranged boxes, if you know what I mean? Maybe I just get confused because your stories are humorous and have clichés, so I tend to blend the two separate concepts together.
I quite enjoyed y…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia 😀 😀 😀 😀
Sometimes, I suppose, I’m just in a rambling mood. And no matter what I write at those times, it always seems to turn out a ramble. But, at least it has amused you. 😉
How close or far from your character was the analyzation, really? I mean, if you already picked a name, you must have picked a character, right?
So, is th…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, I like that analyzation. And your ramblings are amusing
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice @alia Forgive me, both of you. I believe I’m in a rambling mood tonight. I just totally rambled on for hours in my posts to both of you. 😛
I hope you don’t get too confused or bogged down in my mental spiderwebs. 😉
(How would you get “bogged down” in “spiderwebs?” I’ve always known I was horrible at symbolism, but this is really bad.)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia I often go into a book with one opinion of a name and come out with another opinion. If I originally hated a name, and the books hero had the name, I usually like the name afterwards, or the other way around. 😛
So basically, whatever you use it for, I think the name will mold itself to your character, in your readers’ eyes.
However, you…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, yes. I love cliches!!! But while I enjoy cliches being made fun of, I actually like real cliches used seriously. I guess…hm, what sort of cliches did I use in my short stories? 😛 I didn’t do it on purpose. I don’t mind if I did, I just never thought of it before. Are stupid doctors cliche? Valtmy seemed to think they…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, well this character is kinda a big deal in Decisions but since I just came up with her I don’t want to give anything away with context. Also, I wanted to know what the name made you think of
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, its going fantastic. What do you think of the name Ceer? What type of person would you think she is with that name?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I thought you were a fan of clichés? (definitely most of your short stories have struck me as humorous cliché sort of stories) Maybe that’s just me. I definitely thought you liked anything cliché though.
That’s up to you. You just gave me a name with no context and I said the first thing that came into my head, but if the ch…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, alright, I’ll ask my mom or one of my sisters about it.
hmm, she was young at one time, but not anymore. I guess she might pass as a strong female character. Definitely not a princess. Clever I guess. Should I keep the name you think?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia I’m not sure how clean they are…the one I read was fine, but that was just one that my mum suggested to me because it was based on The Phantom of the Opera, so you’d have to check that out more thoroughly.
Ceer brings to mind a “strong female character” sort of person. No nonsense, brisk, strong, but not necessarily heartless. Probably a…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, I’ll have to look into it.
on a different topic, what do you think of the name Ceer? What type of person would you think she is with that name?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I’m not sure the names of his books, but he wrote a lot, I’ve only read one but he also tends to use clichés in humorous ways. My mum likes his books.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, Terry Pratchett…doesn’t ring a bell. What are some books by (is it a him or a her, Terry could be either way…)?
What book is that, it sounds interesting
-
Alia replied to the topic Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@princessfoo, I’m glad you like it. And thank you so much. Any and all cliches are welcome
- Load More
