@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Ah, that’s a relief!
Do you think I’ve read Janette Oke? Me, who rather….dislikes, shall we say, romance? No, I haven’t 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@catwing I know you’ve read the Love Comes Softly series, though. Isn’t my memory good? 😛 So, that should prove you don’t dislike romance too much. But that’s what you said anyway. 😉
@seekjustice Don’t worry, I haven’t disintegrated. I’m busy right now, though. Might be around in an hour or so, or might go to sleep. I’ll let you know…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@catwing Very true. But still, who says no to free books?
Goodnight! Oh yes, I feel a bit the same about romance. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Look me in the eyes and tell me that you don’t 😛
@rochellaine Are you around this afternoon/evening? I feel like maybe you disintegrated or something.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@catwing I look forward to it!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
I’ll have to check your profile out!
I’d love to be an ARC reader if you get published this year. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Awesome! What’s your pinterest name?
Is this Finding Secrets? If so, its definitely the sort of book I would have liked a few years ago. I haven’t read anything like it in a while so I’m not sure if I’d still like that style.
Pretty good. I’ve lost my voice and have a cough, but its pretty good. I’ll survive.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@catwing How’s things?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@catwing Hey!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
You around? I’ll be here for half an hourish.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, oh!! Haha, I just remembered, I was looking through our sales a few days ago and saw that I’d sold one of those. I was quite surprised, since the only links are from the ministry website, so people are looking for my parents’ books, not mine.
Now the mystery is solved! 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh…oh my. 😛 How in the world did you find that??
Ohh…from the ministry website’s page on Lulu?
I hope you like it okay! The beginning (first several chapters) is very boring and forgettable. But if you can get past that, it gets a little better. 😉
Wow, you’ll be the first person on KP who has read that! 😀 This is exc…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I like the poem too. It’s one of my favourites to recite and when we visited Barcoo I couldn’t stop myself, because everytime I hear the word Barcoo it gets stuck in my head. It’s “A Bush Christening” by Banjo Paterson, if you’re interested.
Okay dokey
Good night!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I see. 🙂 I love making up names!
Oh, wow. I love the rhythm of that poem!
Don’t worry. I’ve been going on tangents all night! 😛
Oh, that is strange. You need to try it out!! 😉 You should watch the pilot episode first, if possible, just to get the background, but then whatever order of episodes you want.
I’m leaving now. Goodnight!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Righto. Mooniji and Narara are the only ones I took straight from Australian towns, the rest are all some sort of mixing up.
Kalamooney was a mixture of Kala–which is a fairly common Aboriginal prefix and Mooney Mooney, which is an actual town, believe it or not.
Traumlant is actually the only one which isn’t Australian Aboriginal…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, I’m in an analyzation mood, so here’s my take on those names:
Moonaru and Mooniji have too much “moon” in them, and they make me think of moony romance or loony weirdness. (Yeah, sorry, couldn’t come up with a better phrase than “loony weirdness” which is sad, seeing as I’m a writer, but that’s life.)
Narara is too much of a…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
It’s basically about the princess/queen of said kingdom who is accused of being disconnected from her people, who are starving while she gambles away the kingdom’s money etc. So she orders a girl from the country to come and live with her and teach her about the ways of the people…
I’ve come up with a few different ideas,…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, I have. its part of what gave me the idea for the narrator guild. And thank you for the cliches. if you think of more feel free to tell me
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, @rochellaine, I’ve gotta head to bed. talk to y’all later
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia Haha, your idea reminds me of the Studio C episode where the Narrator has a fight with the protagonist. 😛 Have you seen that?
Let’s see… (I’ll copy @seekjustice‘s style of listing 😉 )
Villain Cliches:
- Male villain has a mustache
- Female villain is either the most beautiful woman in the world, or extremely ugly
- Villain’s voice…
- Load More
