@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Kina Lamb and
CK4always are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal You have a great question. I’ve been wondering the same things lately. What I personally expect in a fairytale are knights and castles, princes and princesses, magical objects, enchanted places or things, and fantastical creatures. Probably someone in distress, and cruel stepfamily. Also objects or events occurring in threes, sevens,…[Read more]
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
*pokes head in* Was I aware of the 10th Writers Corner being created? *tries to remember* Huh. Oh well, I’ll be using it when I write Wednesday.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus wow. You’re right. That price is insane. 😛
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
I dunno, @daeus, but I think it looks fine as-is. The cover is really neat–and I mean that both literally and figuratively.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy I used this guy. He gets my thumbs up. I don’t know how he gets away with charging so little. http://bookcovermall.com/custom-design
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 11 months ago
*smirks* I told you guys you could ignore this.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus oooh! I really, really like it. You’re right— the clean, clear format is very smart and refreshing. A little texture in the background might improve on it, but just a little, and I might change my mind if I saw it.
A subtly ominous feature could work… but it would have to be very subtle to not overbalance the nice clean look. *wrinkles…[Read more] -
Daeus started the topic Cover Feedback in the forum 8 years, 11 months ago
Hi KeePers,
I just got a cover design for a short story I’m writing and I wanted to get your feedback on it.
I personally am very happy with the sharp, clean design, but I do think there’s room for a tiny bit more detail. I’m thinking maybe I should add some very subtly ominous feature, but I’m not sure what that should be. Or maybe the…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal Hmm…when I think of fairytales what comes to mind is apples, slippers, princesses, magic mirrors, stepmothers and stepsisters, castles, knights, dragons, fairies, elves, dwarfs, trolls, love’s first kiss, sleeping, roses, being betrothed to a guy you don’t want to marry due to the royal marriage customs, swans, frogs, talking f…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal started the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Guys. I have a question.
When you know that a book is a fairy tale, what do you automatically assume will happen? What direction do you expect the plot to go, what kind of characters do you expect to meet, what plot twists do you expect to happen, etc?
For instance, I always assume there will be a romance.
Also, I wouldn’t mind hearing all the…[Read more]
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@kballen
Eeeep! Another one!
I am doing NaNoWriMo, this is my firstish time, but I have done Camp NaNo and have written over the 50k for that so, it’s pretty much the same.Everyone writes differently. I go to the point of plotting out every chapter and the characters and their arcs and aaaaaah! Aaaaall of that fun stuff!
Some people just go…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 11 months ago
Hmm… nope, still confused. 😛
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 11 months ago
Test
TestTest
Test-
Test
-
Test
- Test
Test
Test -
NC Stokes replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 11 months ago
Hmmm. That’s weird. *grins* I like the last one.
Let's try this now!! -
NC Stokes replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 11 months ago
What’s the worst that could happen? *eagerly presses buttons*
-
Let’s try this.
-
And this
- And this, too
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Hey, @Emily! Are you still here?
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily Possibly. But I don’t even really know what the other buttons do. 😛
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily Really wants to mess with the last five green buttons XD
-
Hope Ann's profile was updated 8 years, 11 months ago
- Load More
