@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
and Hi @lady-iliara
*sighs with relief*
Anyone who’s ever been a henchman knows how hard it is. You can’t have any human motivations at all! The main bad guys gets all of those. And you pretty much only get one personality trait, on a really good day. Usually none. And then you just have to wait for the hero to dispatch you in the final…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
Hi @shannon
So bestistest is a word! *Grins gleefully*
Why, thank you
Stan is really touched
Not a lot of people like him
I mean, he is really ugly, but he’s also very kind
And that’s a hard quality to find in a dragon sometimes
Yes! I play the guitar
*Notices the guitar in your picture*
I haven’t been playing it for that long
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic War-Torn City in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
Most likely because of poisoning or contamination of some sort.
There would need to be constant danger of being there, which kind rules out infestations of vicious beasts or something similar where people could come back and exterminate them.
Maybe the war was so violent it drove everyone out, and the fighting was so severe it permanently…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Can it Possibly have been a Year? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal To be honest, even though I’m not the most active forum member, it seems like you’ve been around for a lot longer than that. 🙂 So glad to hear about how much this forum has helped you in your writing life!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Can it Possibly have been a Year? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper XD Not that kind of frog. The natural frogs are good. Like Frog and Toad, you know? I like Frog. He’s an ENFJ. Or an INFJ. He’s nice either way. And Josiah the Wiser’s pet isn’t bad.
*cough* I said it because she was speaking French (Bonjour!), and French people are commonly (or were, and maybe just by Brits…) known as Frogs.…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal started the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
Hey Everyone on Kingdom Pen!
*Dramatically pulls back hood*
*Realizes I’m just a henchman*
*Quickly puts it back up*
My name is Sam, and I’m new to the forum.
I love pretty much everything fantasy literature, so I knew I had to join after reading some of these forum posts.
I currently have a bunch of WIPs, which I’m developing all at once.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Landing Page Critique? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@lifeofkatie I think I’ve got it fixed.
-
Sam Kowal changed their profile picture 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Landing Page Critique? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@lifeofkatie On the button?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
I’m writing a romance…I’m not sure if I’m following the rules, @daeus. But it’s going ok in my brain. So. YEAH.
#PANTSING!
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus Fair enough.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Can it Possibly have been a Year? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@lifeofkatie *eats all the ice cream*
@emma-flournoy I won’t tell Josiah what you said about frogs. *mourns over frogs*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@perfectfifths. Hmm. I just noticed one day that it was true because…I noticed it.
The thing I don’t like about romances is that they are fake. They make them too emotional. People aren’t like that.
They are so totally fake, but I don’t actually think people are any less emotional. They’re just less cheesy about it. ……[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Landing Page Critique? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Yikes! These tags aren’t working. Let me try again. @shannon @emily @winter-rose.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Landing Page Critique? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@jane-maree @shannon @emily @winter-rose @ingridrd @lifeofkatie
Okay! How about this?
http://www.thescratchingquill.com/the-show-dont-tell-course/
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
My point is based on a principle I’m going to call Daeus’ principle just to stroke my vanity. This principle states that if you know at a certain point in your story you can get a reaction out of your reader, do not have any of your characters react at that point or the reader will not react. For instance, if you think you can get your rea…
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Can it Possibly have been a Year? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Ethryndal This place would not be the same if you had not come. Nor all the peeps on it. NOPE. So we can all applaud God with a fury for what He’s put together.
And it’s really great on the writing side of things too. 😛 Because it’s wonderful to know how to write well, and KP sure does brilliantly putting out the learning.
*poke*…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus That is a really interesting principle. How did you come about thinking of that?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Landing Page Critique? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@jane-maree @shannon @emily @winter-rose @ingridrd @lifeofkatie Thanks. I’m working on a revision. I’ll get back to you sooner or later. 😀
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Can it Possibly have been a Year? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal Awe, yay!!! It’s been great getting to know you, and what a wonderful 1-Year-Anniversary post. 😀 *doesn’t cry* (What do you MBTI peeps say about INFPs here? 😛 )
*dances around in glitter* So pretty! *sends you a kangaroo and a wallaby*
- Load More
