@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@princessfoo Kapow! Wikipedia probably has a better answer than I do. At least I hope so. I didn’t actually read the article. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flirting
Btw, do you have The Emotion Thesaurus? If so, look up “love” in there.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@princessfoo You heard of the name before or you’ve heard of the principle?
Well, you the goal is to keep your characters from reacting with the same emotion your reader will react with. So if your reader is probably going to laugh at a joke, none of your characters should react to the joke in any hysterical way. If your reader is going to feel…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@PrincessFoo very solid advice so far. I’ve never written a full-on romance novel, but every story I’ve written has had at least one romantic subplot, so I’ve been doing this for a while. 😉
My one piece of advice kind of ties in to what @Daeus said, but takes a little different spin on it. The most intriguing, engaging thing about your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Because I promised I would… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g that just means you get seniority privileges. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Because I promised I would… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 @That_writer_Girl_99 @Shannon @Emily @LifeofKatie @Ethryndal thanks so much guys. 😀
Sarah, I’m especially glad you think it’s pretty… it ought to be… I only redid it oh… ABOUT A DOZEN TIMES. XD
*coughs* I’m a bit of a perfectionist. Your praise is great validation.
Elizabeth, Sarah, Shannon… I, um… was looking for Dr.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Landing Page Critique? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus once again I’m late to the party… everything looks great. Very professional. Nothing to criticize; good work. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@sam-kowal welcome to KP. 😀 Welcome to Stan too. He should fit right in; we’ve several dragons hanging around this place in various nooks and crannies. 😉
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Inktober in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@lady-iliara Thank you! *watches as you trip on a rock*
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic I need help–#book issues in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-anson Maybe they’re sent out on a short, unimportant trip (to get snacks or something). But then, they encounter something that makes them unable to go back to the palace. *cue dramatic music*
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@sam-kowal Welcome! We can always use more dragons on here. Why not? And Stan sounds especially cool. 🙂
Btw, I heard that dragons like raspberries…
😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@sam-kowal Seriously? You’re an ENFJ? AWESOME! More ENFJs is always a good thing.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
Hey fellow ENFJ! 😉 I am an ENFJ as well, Dragon Snapper, or D.G., if you want, for short. Although people have called me Snapper before. 🙂
So, henchman, what’s your favorite food? (Don’t worry, you’ll graduate soon enough.)
Welcome to KP; I look forward to seeing you around!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@sam-kowal Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
I like your dragon too. 🙂
And definitely Brandon Sanderson. I just finished his Mistborn trilogy recently. Really good.
Some of my favorite stories? (not necessarily in order) The Count Of Monte Cristo, Dreamlander, A tale of two cities, cry the beloved country, crime and…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily-d Yesss! That last one is hilarious!
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic DragonSong in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
Thanks! @daughteroftheking
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@princessfoo Oh, you’re already here. Yay!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@sam-kowal Welcome!! *pats Stan’s head* Ah, so you’ve read some of our posts? You know we’re crazy then! *muffled gasp* Brandon Sanderson is awesome! (I’m going to drag you into this conversation, @princessfoo)
Do you have any favorite movies?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic *bursts in in an explosion of confetti* in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@dragongeek YAY!!!!
And, as Iliara already said, the Aetherlight is not free. But it is so worth every penny!
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic War-Torn City in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
It could have been abandoned by the original population for a relatively harmless and simple reason, such as:
1. It was quickly built to house workers brought in to collect valuable resources, and when the resources ran out, the people moved on.
2. There was a natural disaster, such as a massive tornado, hurricane, or earthquake, which destroyed…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
Hi @emily
Thanks!
Yes… writing! I work on worldbuilding and writing new stories a lot.
And also reading, I really like to read. And playing the guitar (well, learning to play it)
What about you?
- Load More
