@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Snapper replied to the topic New Form Topics in the forum Announcements 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Jewelry Business Name in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@shannon Um… how ’bout ‘Freestyle Jewelry’? Nah, that sounds like swimming. 😛
‘Feather Rings’
‘Spectrum Jewelry’…wow, that sounds really sci-fi.And I can’t think of anything else.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Handwriting on Touchscreens in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@donnieclark I don’t know much about writing with handscreens…or whatever you want to call them, but I’ll tag some people who might possibly be able to help.
@daughteroftheking @shannon @daeus @kate-flournoy @ingridrd @leumeister @supermonkey42
-
Snapper replied to the topic I need inspiration! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
I haven’t had time to read the other posts, but I will. It is bookmarked!!
So.
Inspiration eh?
*cough*
I had this problem.

For six months.Which is why I’m going to help you get out of it.
The way I survived those six months was by writing the first story idea that came to my head the day that I got it. Of course, now I…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic I need serious help in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 Yikes! That’s scary!
My advice is to not be a perfectionist at the moment. Just write. Time yourself even. Turn off all the internet (unless you use google docs). Do a word war with someone. You can edit everything later on. Just write.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic I need serious help in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 11 months ago
Honestly? I’ve been in this situation before. It doesn’t get any easier and college (gasp!) just makes things worse.
My advice would be to limit your distractions and also to make an outline if you haven’t already. Write down what you know you want to include and focus on bridging the gap between those points. That helps you set and accom…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic I need serious help in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 Oh dear. That sounds stressful. *Super Obvious Woman strikes again!* I have been in similar situations, and something that helped me is to limit all distractions. This is probably super obvious. But, I’ve found that if I can get myself to focus as completely as possible on my paper, it helps. I turn of the lights and close the blinds,…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic I need inspiration! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 Glad to hear it!
Me likey this thread. So many good ideas.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Rebirth Of Classical Music in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
@donnieclark Yes, I think that modern classical music is sometimes a bit… odd. It sometimes feels like a composer was working out a new musical “theory” and the finished piece is his “equation,” merely a collection of notes that look good on paper and are theoretical genius but musical randomness. Film scores and bands such as the Piano Guys are…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic I need help–#book issues in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
OOH! I love this! Ok, here we go. INSPIRATION STRIKES!!!!
So, basically everything @sam-kowal just said, but then this. So, the messenger (Kirin or Jax?) loves learning history. So when they hear about the Valar, he really wants to see them, even if it’s dangerous. He also dreams of finding the Prince’s Sword and being a hero. The…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic DragonSong in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
Thanks, @emily and @jane-maree!
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Thanks! You can do it. 🙂
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic I need inspiration! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Ooooh, getting Inspiration? I spend a lot of time trying to come up with ways to Inspire people.
Music does a lot for me, along with Pinterest. Music is more for Inspiration on emotions and scenes, while the many images on Pinterest spark up dreams of these people. Who are they? What is their story?
I like to try and question the motives of…[Read more]
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic *bursts in in an explosion of confetti* in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
Oooh, nice choices @dragongeek . I approve. *nods*
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic I need inspiration! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 *sneaks in unnoticed like a Ranger* *suddenly speaks up and makes everyone jump* Surprise surprise, I also struggle with this! But, here are some things that help me out when my inspiration decides it needs to be somewhere else.
– Think out loud. I’m an introvert that likes to mull over things in my head, but it helps me if I’m forced…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Inktober in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing *blushes* Thank you! *wanders away in compliment induced daze* Seriously, y’all are so sweet.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Getting sick is terribly unfun. *glowers at the computer* Yes, unfun is a word, computer! Take that squiggly red line away. Oo, an underwater prison. Tricky. Coding, as in computer coding? That’s neat!
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Sorry, I have to go to bed now. *sighs* I did manage to push my word count to 14,044 words today, though. I’m 70%! *squeals*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic I need inspiration! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 Thanks:D
Stan can ALWAYS use another toothbrush
@emily Thanks ;D
Starting with a character I really like is one of my favorite things to do
And then making myself finish…well that’s another thing altogether
-
Emma Flournoy and
Sam Kowal are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago - Load More
