@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose 😀 Hiya Frodo!
Er… A weird unicorn? For art?
I’m working on writing my new novel. Something bad is going to happen soon! Yay! Uh, I mean…uh. Oh no. That’s terrible. Poor MCs… *sorrynotsorry*
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Fair enough. It can be creepy. 🙂 What about fantasy?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jess-penrose @dekreel @winter-rose @perfectfifths @daughteroftheking @that_writer_girl_99 Anyone up for word war? 😀 Or just being here? 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal I LOVE IT. O.o Now I have to pick which version is the best. Yay. I like the first one best, with the phrasing of all the stuff, but as you’ve already been told and are fixing, it’s too long and gives away too much information. Sooo…
I think I like the first one in your latest post best, but with these differences: keep this version…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin's profile was updated 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus WHAHOO!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Yes! <i>The Golden Ziggurat</i> is one of my favorite book titles ever! And yeah, I know, don’t judge a book by its cover, but a cool cover helps. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 8 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal Yo, look at this. https://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/how-to-write-funny/ I dunno. Just because. XD Was it really as bad as your first impression? I mean, is there any possibility it would be better upon second watching?
-
WHY DOES EVERYONE LOVE IT SO MUCH??? *pulls hair* I swear, it wasn’t just a picky first impression. *freaks out* It wasn’t. IT WASN’T! I’m generally the less picky one in our family, to be honest, but we ALL (even dad, who doesn’t give a hoot for story structure) thought it was bad.
Arg.
Granted, it wasn’t ALL horrible. There are a lot of things…[Read more]
-
😂
Being the supportive friend that I am, I find this all quite hilarious. What’s good at this point is, since I haven’t seen it, I happily can’t disagree with you. 😀 So I’ll take your word for it. *best Edmund accent* “Wul, I believe you.”
*stares* “You do?”
“Sure! Remember the time I told you about the football field in the bathroom cupboard?”…[Read more]-
Just… just… MEAN. *pathetic sniffling* You don’t care about me.
Do be aware though that Edmund was totally wrong in that scene, since there actually WAS a land in the wardrobe, so you’re not really promoting your case any.
See who’s smirking now. *smirks*
-
*is horribly defensive* I DO SO! *pathetic sniffling*
*smirks* Of course. Edmund is usually totally wrong. Until we see him in Prince Caspian, and then he’s one of the only right ones. And then we get to VotDT, and he’s mostly wrong again. Blergh.
But YOU must be aware that that first smirk was Edmund’s, not mine. His necessary smirk for the…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
-
Daeus replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd Oooh, ice cream. This is the best book launch ever. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon :-O :-O Y-you don’t like sci-fi?? How?!
Guess: “75 percent chance of science!”
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
Okay, peeps, how’s this?
It is a well-accepted fact in the province of Reed that Fairy Godmothers do exist. You might even have one, if you meet all the requirements to be a Distressed Personage, or your father pays enough money. And if you’re lucky — really, truly lucky — you might be one of those rare few who are chosen at random to recei…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Congrats!! So excited for you! 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal I think pretty much everyone else has said it, but I’ll confirm. It’s too long and it gives too much of the story away. I think you should condense the first paragraph, but don’t cut all of it out, and then completely get rid of the second paragraph, and then I believe it would be short enough to, say, fit on the back cover of a…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daeus CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal definitely better. I love it just how it is, but as Daeus mentioned, you might cut out the first bit about her step-sister without any damage and probably with benefits.
-
Daeus replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal Like normal, I love the voice you use.
You might keep a long version like this for use on your blog, but if you’re going to use this on a sales page or book cover, yeah, it needs to be short.
You can probably make the point about her being heroine material shorter and cut out the part about her step-sister
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
Hmm… general consensus being it’s too long… *tugs nose* How do I go about this…
Okay, so I sheered the top bit off. Better? Worse? Still too long?
Biddle Frankenmore wasn’t exactly what you would call Heroine Material. She wasn’t beautiful. She couldn’t sing. She wasn’t in any particular sort of distress, besides the occasional tumble…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
It’s really gripping 😀 It makes me want to read the book
And it seems like the story its summarizing would be really unique despite the fact Fairies are used kind of a lot in fantasy, so it’s Awesome
I think actually like @shannon and @kate-flournoy and you said, its too long.
And also, it seems to me the second paragraph gets into…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@sam-kowal I can see how it must be fun to have Stan as a dragon. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal your sneaking suspicion is absolutely correct, but otherwise this is absolutely brilliant.
Seriously, and I almost forgave it for being too long because all of it was awesome. So yeah. It’s good. *vigorous nodding*
- Load More
