@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Yeeeahh. That’s the problem about pansting. Along with a lot of other things…but it can be fun! There is funness to it… 😀
And I’m signing out now, having managed to write an extremely impressive 98 words.

-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths Completely random guess, probably wrong, but is it the Polar Express?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Pansting is fun–ah those good old days with no plot whatsoever. *contended and at the same time scared sigh*
And I’m writing my current novel, a futuristic utopian. Maybe I entioned this before, but the first ten chapters are never easy for me. It’ll get easier but I have to find my groove first.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking Have fun hibernating. 😉 And yes, I am! I’m about 12% of the way through (according to Goodreads 😛 ).
@jane-maree You have had to write at least 5,000 words day! I applaud you! *applauds* 😉
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
*Can’t remember if there was a new quote given so gives one herself*
“Are you a ghost?”
“No. Are you?”Could be slightly off, but that’s how I remember it. It’s been years since I’ve seen this movie. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Well, I was just about to quit for tonight, but I’ll stay if you’re here. Company is nice when writing is not cooperating. 😀 Whatcha up to?
-
Daeus replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd It sounds like a good story! The one thing I’d recommend is cutting. 😉
It doesn’t need to sound like this, but this is to get your gears turning and point out what I think isn’t necessary. Remember, the point of a synopsis is not to explain a story, it is to sell the story. Information is only important when it is necessary. The only…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Switching Between POVs in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 I actually just beta read a novel where it was like this: the MC’s scenes in first person, and then other scenes in 3rd person. It rolled along fine and was very intriguing. So long as the reader knows who’s who, I’d say go for it 🙂
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd that’s great! I definitely want to read this one day 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks, @lady-iliara 😀
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd Perfect! Now I really want to read it. 😀
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Adios! Super Easily Distracted Lady (that’s my new superhero name) signing off.
@Shannon Hi and bye! *grabs ice cream sneakily on the way out*
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd Writing a synopsis is super tricky. Yours does an excellent job of hooking the reader–I’m really interested in your story now! 😀
I like the first sentence a lot. The next paragraph gets a little confusing. Are all the things listed there what is already upside down about Jaclyn’s life, or what just turned upside down? I think if…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Wow, it’s been a while since I hung out here in the Lounge. Today I’ve been thinking about target audiences. How do writers decide what their target audience is? How important is it? If anyone is hanging around and cares to answer or add some thoughts, I’d appreciate the insight. No need for much seriousness. Not much serious writing happe…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
Lazy reader finally gets around to reading sequel. Reads Part 1. Runs off to get ice cream. Returns with Sparkling Apple Cider Float. Continues reading…finishes Float. Decides it is the best thing she’s ever tried in her entire life. Keeps reading…until the part about soy ice cream. Agrees, but is relieved that coconut milk ice cream is not…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd That’s actually really good. The only thing I can think of is you could be giving away too much information with James Ervin being from another world, but of course I haven’t read your story, so I don’t really know. 🙂 Oh, and technically the “he offers she and William” in the third paragraph should be “he offers William and her”. I lik…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Emily Kewl! 😀
@winter-rose Welcome! You could never crash a party. You’re too awesome.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Emily Thanks! What are you up to?
-
0-0Enyali0-0 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@lady-iliara You’re welcome! AHHHH CAN’T WAIT TO READ YOUR STORYYYYYYY (I’m probably gonna cry too.. I did that while writing my scene with the Scarlet Man 😉 )
Is it weird to say that I love thrillingly awful emotional spots while reading? Yeah. I know.

-
0-0Enyali0-0 replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Looks great @dekreel!! Can’t wait to see this whole thing in action!! 😀
- Load More
