@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic We'll Ignore that I'm on a Hiatus…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper I think taking a break might be a good idea. Whether you want to finish up this draft depends on the kind of person you are. If not finishing it is more discouraging, then definitely finish it. But if you’re going to end up hating the plot and feeling like you’re wasting time by finishing it, I’d take a break.
What Emily said…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily I’m here! I’ve got some outlining to do 😀 (though I may have to pop away and help my mom bake in a few moments)
-
Jenna Terese started the topic What Are the Cliches of Sci-Fi? in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi, all! My current WIP is a sci-fi trilogy. I’ve never written sci-fi before. What are some of the common cliches in this genre that I would want to avoid?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic I'm Writing Someone a Present… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 It’s so cute! *smiles hugely*Â I think she’ll enjoy it. :))
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@salome01w4g Yay!! That’s the bestiest!!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@GabbyJ I like to write fantasy, fantasy, and a bit of fantasy on the side. 😉 I also have a sci-fi in the works, but it’s almost fantasy it’s so crazy. 😛
*glances at calendar* Oo, it’s almost Christmas! *tosses handfuls of tinsel everywhere*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic This Introduction Needs Refining in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel
Well, first person is more direct, and more conversational. You can use the character’s thoughts to great effect, just don’t overload them like I first did writing first person (pages of their thoughts, with no story happening)AS for the prologue… actually, I think it’s good.
“And this certainly is” should be “And this certainly…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Would someone please tell me if these first chapters are too depressing? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument Another option is to add in an extra prologue or chapter in the beginning that has a very different tone just to give the reader something positive to latch onto.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic We'll Ignore that I'm on a Hiatus…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
It’s obvious! Make the entire story about the villains, not the heroes! Change the point of view and focus in laser sharp on your villains character arcs. Villains deserve more attention anyway 😀
Well, seeing it’s a sequel, that might not actually work. Too bad.
If I were you, I would definitely take a break and work on…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Would someone please tell me if these first chapters are too depressing? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument I would be willing to read them, if you still need someone to
That storyline sounds really interesting, 😀 by the way.
The main point is, you don’t want to mislead the reader with a super dark ending and then have them confused and probably annoyed when the entire story switches tone. So if the entire story isn’t meant to be dark,…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic This Introduction Needs Refining in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel One thing I noticed is that most of your sentences are very similar in length. It would help to vary that up a bit. Have some run-on sentences and some normal and some very short.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel I need to read this! I just need to find some time.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Resistance was futile… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Definitely, make a customer inquiry 🙂
If you’re very careful you may touch it. Sabres from Babylon are very one of a kind. ☺
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@salome01w4g that’s amazing 😀 thank you God!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic This Introduction Needs Refining in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel I don’t usually write in first, but I just finished a 100k novel in first, so I learnt a thing or do whilst I did.
-its a lot more limited, but a lot more intimate, so you end up feeling very close to the character.
-as someone already said, make good use of the five senses, especially touch and taste and smell.
-Give us your…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@Gabbyj its pretty cool in Australia! Yes, lots of kangaroos. They’re a bit of a pest to be honest.</p>
That’s sounds cool! I am a very diserve writer, but I particularly like writing historical mixed with fantasy. I just finished the draft of a dystopian novel though -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic We'll Ignore that I'm on a Hiatus…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper I really don’t have any advice, but I second @Emily said, it’d be a good idea to ask for other’s opinions.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Well, I’ll sign off. But I’ll leave the chocolate pretzels for whoever comes in 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Okay, Merry Christmas! And may you find your sword and cape 😉
Anyone else around? I have chocolate-covered pretzels!
@sam-kowal @introvert_girl @catwing @emily @shannon @aislinn-mollisong
- Load More
