@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hey, everyone! 😀 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@notawriter Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.
Have you read The Count Of Monte Cristo? The Mistborn trillogy? Crime and Punishment? Cry The Beloved Country?
A favorite verse? Aaah! *beads of cold sweat* Well, if I had to pick, I’d probably go with. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 “For the love of Christ controls us, since we have concluded…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal *applauds* Bravo! Nice song!
This is a little worship song I did a while back:
V1
Bright paths, carousels
People everywhere
Excitement is in the air
Adventure, fun and games
Welcome faces on
I think I took a wrong turn
I’m off the path
V2
Palm trees, paradise
Sun is shining bright
After a peaceful night
Seaside, breezy…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal started the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
H’lo, Kapeefers… if anyone here writes songs/ likes writing music, feel free to post lyrics and ideas and anything you like here 🙂
Not sure if anyone but @dekreel and I do that, but if you do… this is kind of like the Writer’s Corner for songwriters:
All my songs are a little unpolished, still. Most of them are worship songs, but a few are…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic I Gotta Get Me Some Writing Books in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 9 months ago
@Winter-Rose The Character and Emotion Thesauruses by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi are some of my favorite books ever, but they’re not really “writing” books in the traditional sense of the word. Everything else I’ve read is K.M. Weiland.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hey, everyone! 😀 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Hey, @NotAWriter , welcome to KP! I have a profound respect for your kind; sometimes, I think they know more about storytelling than the actual authors do. You’re an artist, eh? We have a few of those hanging around here, myself included. What kind of stuff do you like to draw?
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey, everyone! 😀 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@emma-flournoy Does Daniel write? I don’t think I’ve seen him write…
@notawriter Welcome to the Bestest Place in Cyberspace!!
I also LOVE drawing, journaling, and daydreaming about characters and stories I’ll never write! I have always loved stories. I’m not sure I’ve ever carved homemade stamps though…
My favorite Bible verse is pr…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
Ohhhhkayy that was a long list XD
-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths That actually makes more sense LOL
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey, everyone! 😀 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@notawriter 😀 Welcome, to the bestistest place on the internet!
😀 That’s cool! So, do you already know about Stan, and things like that? Have you heard about King Daeus yet?
What are your favorite books to read?
(I’ll let someone else ask you about your MBTI, because someone will be eager to)
Hmm
My favorite Bible verse, right now, that I…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17Â My favorite kind of music right now is actually instrumental music. My favorite albums/collections are:
- Fresh Aire — a series of eight albums of cheesy electronic music. Some of it is too cheesy to me, and all the rest is AWESOME. I listen to it as I write the KPA
- Windham Hill’s Winter Solstice — Also a series. I have volumes…
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey, everyone! 😀 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@NotAWriter Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet!
As far as I know, I’m the only other non-writer on here. *wrings your hand quite crazily* Very good to have ya! Learning and talking about it with writer sisters is awesome. @Kate-Flournoy ‘s mine (older), and her characters are ones I daydream about. 😉
Do you have a favorite book?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
😀
I like folk music, and bluegrass and some old country (but not a lot)
Also, classic rock, and Christian pop/rock
Most of all, epic instrumental music and film scores (The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Carribean, Two Steps from Hell, etc.)
My favorite band is Twenty One Pilots, who are…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@daughteroftheking XD XD XD IÂ totally heard David Attenborough’s voice as I read yours XD
@ethryndal @shannon Oh, it is true! I was attacked very quickly as a newbie.
I loved it XD
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Shannon I remember when I first wrote my introduction post a year ago. I’m pretty sure that within half an hour, it already had eight replies. It was nerve-wracking. XD
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
I love Einaudi’s Nuvole Bianche too! I also love I Giorni SO. MUCH. And Melodia Africana III, Passagio and I could go on and on.
-
princesswriter replied to the topic Hey everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa Oh that is a hard one. I would say either Scotland or Israel.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
No, 150 is not too audacious. It’s not easy, but it’s certainly manageable. You could even aim higher if you wanted to push yourself.
Fyi, if you’re going to market yourself on Pinterest, you’ll have to create a business account. (it’s free and the only major difference from a normal account is that it allows you to run paid ads if you…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m currently reading How to Market a Book by Joanna Penn so I may check those out when I’m finished reading her book. 🙂 I try not to read too many marketing books at once because it overwhelms me.
You are braver than I (the last time I took the test I got 88% introverted). 😉 I like the business card idea since it wouldn’t take me…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose Aw, that’s okay. Thanks for your support! 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@lifeofkatie I’ve never much cared for Facebook myself, but I like Pinterest and Instagram.
Aw, yes, patience (that’s not always one of my strong points). 🙃
I haven’t done much personal stuff on Instagram or my blog, so that’s probably something I should try.
Oh, I’m glad I’m not the only person with that problem (I thought I was the only one)!…[Read more]
- Load More
