@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@abby1 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
I do believe you’re the first New Zealander we’ve ever had. How did you find us?
What types of books do you like to write?
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@abby1 Hiya! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the authorosaurus, greet you!
It’s neat that you reside in New Zealand! 😃 I’ve never been there, but from the photos I’ve seen, it looks breathtaking. What is your favorite thing about living there?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Poems by Alfred the Great in the forum Poetry 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 @dekreel Glad you enjoyed these. 😀
Reeding the advertisement in this and the notes on some of the poems, I’m actually getting the impression with this book, that it was not the original poetry of Alfred, but translated for Boethius, a Latin poet. However, it seems that Alfred was liberal with his translation and he made some…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Poems by Alfred the Great in the forum Poetry 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 Wow. You ventured deep into the ancient, spooky cave of old, dusty topics and found a treasure! I’m impressed! I can’t let this turn back to dust…
@daeus I just read the poem Of Fame and Death on page 41, and WOW. Just wow. I had no idea Alfred the Great was such a talented and deep poet. I especially liked the first seven sta…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj @dragon-snapper @ethryndal @catwing @ingridrd I have two characters!
The first one’s name is, um… Dekreel (Not me! A different Dekreel. He’s a historian… I was named after him actually 🙂 ) Anyway, he’s in his mid to late 20s. He has curly black hair with a beard that looks like Daeus’ beard. Pale blue eyes, fairly small nose,…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Hey @abby1; welcome to the site! Glad you’ve found us and joined our community here. 🙂 What first inspired you to be a writer?
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@abby1 Welcome to the Bestest Place in Cyberspace!!! 😀 😀
New Zealand?! WOW, I don’t think we’ve ever had a New Zealander on KP before. Special welcome! (I’m from America, BTW, but there are also a few Australians, a couple Canadians, and at least one English person.)
What is your novel about? 🙂
Just what Grace said, MBTI is a…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 I don’t see it! Do you have a less pixel-y picture? XD
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing *undignified squeals of delight* THIS IS THE BESTIEST. It made my day. Night. Whatever it is now.
Also, I am honored to be imagined doing interesting things. 😉 I love Calvin and Hobbes!
-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie Wait, WHAT?
*squints* … Hmmm… You have been trained well
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Poems by Alfred the Great in the forum Poetry 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Okay, I know this topic is ancient (it’s the second oldest in “recent forum topics” at the moment), but this is actually pretty cool! Alfred the Great sounds like a good guy, and his poems are pretty good. I was skimming through the book, and I found it interesting that the translator inserted notes about Anglo-Saxon language. I have alway…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Ohhhh, that’s a lot of guesses…
-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 Here! Or here! Or here or here or here or here or here or here or….
BTW these aren’t random guesses. I have been looking quite carefully (or as carefully as my impatient, impulsive self will let me…)

-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 Well, if you remember, let me know, because it could very well be. Or not. 😉
@dekreel Nope. 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks! 🙂
@shannon, you’re big on music, right? Do you write music at all?
-
Joy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 Wha?! Oh, that’s so cool! Good idea, too! The porgs were totally a hit. They’re so funny XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths …….. R-Ratatouille? I doubt it
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths I’ve heard it somewhere but I don’t remember where…. but then it might not even be the same one you’re thinking of.
-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 @catwing What about a Chasm Beast with a cat’s tail? *smirks* Just attach a cat’s tail to a wolf!
(But please don’t get confused — I’m NOT a wolf. Even though I keep calling myself a wolf. I’m NOT)
- Load More




