@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic ANYONE ELSE GOING TO REALM MAKERS 2018?! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 *wide eyes* That sounds epic. St. Louis is too far for me, though, what with my portal machine on the fritz. (anyone know a good portal mechanic?) 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
I’ve got rhythm in my blood and melodies in my thoughts.
That would actually make a good first line XD
@shannon Is your family a musical family?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Nope, that’s good! Thanks!
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99Â *wails* I KNEW IT WAS TOO LONG!
It’s okay. Um…. That’s a problem. Cuz everything I write ends up either very long or very short XD
TAKE TWO!
How to Make Action Scenes Interesting
Instead of just focusing on the action itself, like who did what etc., focus on what the character is feeling. Otherwise it will just sound…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Never fear, my friend, I can promise you that somewhere inside that head of yours, there is advice that might help someone else. Thanks for your input!
@dekreel No, that’s great! I don’t mind the questions, and I’m happy to answer any more you might have. But would you care to be my guinea pig for a sec? If you had to summarize one of…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
And as you asked us to tag other Kapeefers….
@shannon @seekjustice @jane-maree @inkling-for-christ @jenwriter17 @daughteroftheking @bethanysinkyroses @princessfoo @introvert_girl @lady-iliara @KAPEEFERS! (I’m so glad Daniel found that word X) )
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic ANYONE ELSE GOING TO REALM MAKERS 2018?! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m strongly considering attending. 🙂 They’ve got a great line-up of speakers!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99
Oh, dear… this sounds really cool, but I don’t consider myself an expert advice dispenser. I’ll just try to answer the questions you exampled to get myself started…Inspiration) Ideas inspire me. Images, senses, impressions of something that I need to carve out- whether that’s a world for a story, or an exciting…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Do they have to be thought over? How thought over? How long does it have to be?
Sorry about all the questions!!
I’ll give it a try…
How to Make Action Scenes Interesting
It can be a fight scene, a chase scene, an argument or even a celebration. My advice: Put the spotlight on the characters, their feelings and their…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic ANYONE ELSE GOING TO REALM MAKERS 2018?! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yeah…that’s a ways a way from me too, although I have heard of it before…
-
Snapper replied to the topic How to (realistically) kill a dragon in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
I find this conversation very depressing. 😉
Okay….soooooo.
I actually think that everyone else covered it. The one kill-dragon scene I wrote was terrible–perhaps I should have asked this question myself.Besides, I can’t give away information on how to take down my comrades.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic A New Cast in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@introvert_girl Hmm, that’s kind of a tough one for me. I haven’t ever done that before.
😀 XD XD The first thing I thought of when reading the first couple lines of your post was the new Star Wars films! They definitely could have had a really hard time with that. Han, Luke, and Leia were some of the most beloved characters of all time… and…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Ice cream and Raspberries in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 @sam-kowal @inkling-for-christ The Ice cream and raspberries were originally made popular by Daeus, just because he loved them and made mention of them at random times. I incorporated that into the LOKD, which is the first (as far as I know) of the Kapeefer Literature. 😀
Does that answer your question?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic How to (realistically) kill a dragon in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Stan really, really takes offense at this. He is a dragon, after all. And an angry one, right now.
*puts Stan to bed*
*whispers*
Okay, now maybe I can help.
So, it sorta depends on the dragon. Someone like Stan… well, that would be pretty easy. He’s small and can’t fly. (please, don’t ever read that, Stan.)
Whereas one like @dragon-…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Semi-Grand Return of the Ink Rose in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@bethanysinkyroses 😀 Welcome back
I’m pretty new here, so I don’t even remember you, but… Stan says Hi
(Stan is my dragon pal. When he was little, he was a runt. So his momma threw him out the nest (dragons do not value small stature in their society)
So I rescued him, and now he’s my pal.
😀 That’s Stan behind me, actually. He’s spiky, and…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
Wow, that was a long post. XD XD
I guess I really did like The Last Jedi
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel @his-instrument @supermonkey42 @inkling-for-christ @itisastarrynight
😀 I finally can join this topic
I saw it, and I thought it was incredible! It’s definitely one of my favorite Star Wars now.
(Full Spoilers)
I really can’t decide about Kylo. He sort of had his chance to join Rey, but he also could grow over the course of the next…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann's profile was updated 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Ice cream and Raspberries in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ @sam-kowal
As far as I know, the LOKD is the original source. But I’m not 100% certain. You’d have to ask @dragon-snapper.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel For now, give me whatever advice you’ve got, on any subject. If I need something more specific, I’ll probably ask later, but for now, random advice will do!
- Load More
