@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Wait… @daeus, you have a show-don’t-tell course?! Where do I find it?! 😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@Sam-Kowal Well, the Emperor wasn’t really established in the Originals, existing only as a vague reference in Ep. IV (“The Emperor has disbanded the galactic senate”) and a momentary hologram in Ep. V, yet he came back in Ep. VI as the Big Bad. With that in mind, the Knights going from vague references to an actual villainous force doesn’t seem…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Christmas Sam Story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Winter-Rose Yikes. 😂 Poor, poor Sam.
-
Joy replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ That’s not a bad idea! Go for it!
Questions: Who would I be nominating? Or would you be nominating me? And we’re nominating people to make stories that show/tell, right?
This sounds cool!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inklings-for-christ I think that’s a fantastic idea! I probably won’t be able to chime in much, but otherwise, go for it. 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
Trachea. That’s what my breath was caught halfway up.
Goodness. XD
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus thanks for tagging me! i’ll have to check this out, i’m thinking of looking into pinterest too.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Well… ‘the baby squealed’ is telling what happened but it’s not emotional telling, which is what limits the story. Your second example is certainly more descriptive, but sometimes you’re not going to want that much detail or your story will be extremely long.
I would focus on the emotional telling, for example, you…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I’m back. Seeing if I can do something with the DWN…
@aislinn-mollisong @sam-kowal @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @catwing
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl
He will forgo a lightsaber for the simplicity and tickling powers of a simple broom…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
…when did we start calling him Broom Boy? What a sad nickname…
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 They Rey/Kylo conflict and relationship was my favorite part, too. The moment in the throne room… my breath was caught halfway up my
@ethryndal That’s a really intriguing idea, about the Knights of Ren. It seems like either they would have to take over as main villains, or Episode 9 wouldn’t really have one, because Kylo…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
Heck yeah, Kylo and Rey! It doesn’t matter if you “ship” them or not, they were amazing. The fight between them and the Guards was my favorite part too.
…and yes. If something happens to poor Kylo Ren, I can assure you that I too will be severely enraged. @ethryndal
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@That_writer_girl_99 Besides all of it? Hrrrrrm…. I don’t know. All of it. Gotta say, I loved the dimension between Kylo and Rey. Platonic or romantic, either way it was great. So much added complexity for him (*snorts* As if he didn’t need enough…) And the fight against the Praetorian Guards… OH. MY. GOODNESS. *dies* What was your favorite…[Read more]
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
*wandering aimlessly through archives* *pauses* Wait… @hope are you a Whovian?! 😀 😀
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
*fumbles for words*
You know what, never mind. I’m not going to even try to explain how awesome it is. It’s too beautiful. 😀 Was it as tasty as it looks?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I think I’m signing off… the color is out *sighhhhh* *scratches table frustratedly*
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Sure! Good-bye! Say hi to Ariella for me 😉
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Ah, man! I have to get off. BUT I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON THE COLOR SITUATION! Gooooooodbyyyyyyyyeeeeee……
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Hooray! I have colors, but they’re a bit faded. I have no plot in the KPA whatsoever yet 😛 But it’s moving forward……..
- Load More
