@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Daeus replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Okay. Well, there are a lot of swords, but this will cover all you need.
- One handed sword. The handle is only big enough for one hand. You’re probably going to use this in conjunction with a shield.
- One and a half handed sword. The handle is just the right size to fit two hands, but it can also be comfortably handled with…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
I’ve actually read that article, ha. @daeus
Ummm… *sighs* Okay. The swordsmen in my WIP use them to fight monsters, so…um, I know nothing and if you could maybe just start with explaining the different kinds of swords?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Okay. Well, if I just spewed out everything I could possibly tell you, we’d be here for quite some time. Could you narrow things down any? What do you need to decide on for your novel?
Also, if you haven’t yet, check out this article I wrote.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Very cool blog. I love your style.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Anything you can give me on swords, fighting styles, etc. will definitely be helpful.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I have fired compound, recurve, and longbows before, but I’m certainly not an expert on them. If you have any questions on handheld weapons though (especially swords), I’d be happy to help.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I need help with this too. Trust me, the Google isn’t very helpful at finding swordfighting stances or even just types of swords.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Sounds awesome! What genre is it? can you give me a tiny synopsis? (I love hearing about KeePer books. 😉 )
-
Elizabeth started the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Alright, peoples, listen up. I have questions.
One of the reasons I’ve enjoyed writing in the sci-fi genre is that you don’t have to know much about fighting styles or weapons. It’s sci-fi, and no one expects you to be realistic the entire time, so you can just…make stuff up. Which I do. A lot.
But, in the days since my old sci-fi WIP k…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@GracieGirl HEY! YOU’RE BACK! Yayyy!! Has your life settled down a little? Have you been able to do any writing?
Trust me, we really did miss you (though I haven’t been on here just tons lately so I didn’t suffer from it as much as some people probably did. ;P ). *serious nod* Good to have ya back.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Still working on Embers. I’ve gotten, lets see…14,114 words so far, and I’m deep into the third chapter. What’s your WIP called?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
You didn’t tag me either, but…no. Elemental powers aren’t cliche. Now, the way you use them can be cliche, but as for the powers themselves, they’re a great way to spice up a character.
Everyone above me has already mentioned that, and everything else on this subject, so…I’ll shut up now.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Just a bunch of stick people. Nothing to see here… in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@Dekreel Those are great. XD
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
The Mysterious Benedict Society trilogy, by Trenton Lee Stewart
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens (though that and the previous might be a little slow if you’re looking for action. But then again, if you’re reading something like Les Mis, you might not mind. 😀 They’re great.)
Mistborn trilogy by…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd YAY! I’m still writing. Its awesome finally getting my colors back after so long….what’re you working on?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper That’s WONDERFUL! D’ye get to edit it now, or are you working on something else?
Just so you know, the title Sector One is very cool.
-
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight So, I had that exact same question just a week ago.
And I started a blog. I had no idea what I was going to write about, but as soon as I started it, I started finding ideas.
To get a general idea of what bloggers blog about, I’d check out a bunch of blogs. There are some good ones on the page of my blog.
For me, I get the…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm I’m using elementals. I think they are only cliche if you have the protagonist and antogonist (or the two main protagonists) have opposing powers, such as fire and ice. If they have powers that don’t really clash, such as fire+earth and wind+water like my MCs do, it isn’t as overused. My villain doesn’t even have powers, which…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey, guys! Aislinn is here and MY COLORS ARE BAAAAAAACK!!!!! I’ve written about three pages in the last day alone! Who else is here? @dekreel? @catwing? @dragon-snapper? @winter-rose? @sam-kowal?
- Load More
