@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Jenna Terese and
NC Stokes are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, books….
Um………………………….
I just looked at my bookshelf and realized that besides Artemis Fowl, I don’t have a single sci-fi book on my shelf. Maybe that’s why I like writing it. I don’t have any……
Sorry. 🙁
-
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 The only sci-fi I’ve read is A Wrinkle in Time, and it’s really good! I would highly recommend it 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Heloooooo! Does anyone have any sci-fi book recommendations? I don’t think I own one sci-fi book and there’s an empty space on my………oh, wait…….well, I just wanna try some sci-fi! 😊
@mariposa @skredder @itisastarrynight @dekreel @audrey-caylin @dragon-snapper @jane-maree @radically-surrendered @seekjustice @sam-kowal @aratrea @daeus @nota…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic First time writing historical fiction in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 You don’t have to do this, but if you want to write a really in-depth historical fiction story, I’ve read that you don’t want to just read about the time period, but you want to read in the time period. Read the books that were famous at the time, preserved letters from the time period, newspaper articles, etc.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Centurian's Wife in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder I actually got this book for Christmas. I’m only a few chapters in, and it feels like the story’s been a little slow in beginning. I was actually thinking of reading a couple other books before finishing it. But it seems you really like it, so maybe I should just keep going!😊
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic First time writing historical fiction in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 I love writing historical fiction and I love the 1700’s! I think the biggest tip I can give for writing in this genre is research, research, research. The more research you do the more realistic the story will seem. Do plenty of research about the location of your story, looking up articles and history of the place, what is was like in…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking I think I especially like #2-#5……..oh, that’s pretty much all of them. 😜Thanks for your vote!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd @aislinn-mollisong @dragon-snapper @anyone
I’m seeing what I can do with the KPA if anyone wants to join. Unless you’re in school…
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 OO, they all sound good… but I have to say #3 and #4 are my favorites. Do you have one you are especially interested in?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Wait, did you just hijack your own thread? *raises eyebrows*
ANYWAY…
*thunderous applause* CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! This calls for… wait for it…
*STORM OF CONFETTI! AND GLITTER! AND CHOCOLATE!* (messy storm)
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel 😀 Yay! Awesome. Good luck with it, :D, and have fun
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
….. Wow. You guys…. I am much more confident about the original KPA thanks to you! I have learned something today! I don’t know what to say! Except… Thank you! Thank you SO much!
I will try my hand at writing the original and see what happens 😉
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
I’m sure you’re sick of people saying hello by now, but as KP members it is our sworn duty to annoy the newcomers. 😉
So, welcome!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Welcome, welcome, and for the third time, welcome! Everyone else has already said everything I would have said, so… yeah. Good luck on your historical fiction.
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d ;-D Glad to be of service *bows*
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I appreciate you putting so much time into this! *whispers* Also, I can totally relate to the whole over-planning thing.
I don’t have any ideas for a new plot, but when I over-plan, the best thing I can do is just write. Anything you want! If you have an idea for a scene in your story, go for it. You can always edit it later or delete it…[Read more] -
Sam Kowal replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
*deadpan stare*
Cookies.
Stan the great, making COOKIES!!!???
*snort*
*Stan shreds another couch*
(Okay, well, he actually does like cookies, though. He makes them in the shape of…chairs)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I really enjoyed what you wrote! 😉 Basically, I agree with what @itisastarrynight said; I think those are good suggestions.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
- Load More
